facebook

recruitment

by: pnm

which sororities do they already know who they want?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: bigsix   

It's true that Kappa, Theta, Pi Phi, Chi O, Zeta, and Tri Delt pretty much have already decided who they want based on girls they know from home. If you are OOS or not well connected, you should expect to get dropped from those houses early on. If you did not get recs, don't know any actives, are socially awkward or can't put yourself together, you are not likely to get a bid from any GLO.

By: bigsix
by: hahaAug 5, 2015 9:27:18 AM

Not always the case!! There are exceptions to the rules in all chapters. "Rush finds" are girls that aren't on sorority's radars but are really cool girls they meet during rush and want in their chapter. Sure it is easier if you went to a high school where these sorority's pull from, but it's no reason to expect it is not possible if you didn't.

If you know any girls at UT, reach out and try to set up a chance to chat with them, it can really only help you. But don't count yourself out.

By: haha
#2  by: pnm   

what if you are instate and got a rec for each house but didn't go to camp and aren't a legacy or wealthier than God? I don't want to wind up in a bad house.

By: pnm
by: ASDFAug 5, 2015 11:58:51 PM

Do you actually know sorority members?

By: ASDF
by: pnmAug 6, 2015 12:20:45 PM

ASDF, I know a few from high school but not very well. I had plenty of friends in high school but was not part of the popular group (it's a big school), although I was in honors and AP classes with some of them. I want to be more outgoing in college.

By: pnm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.