facebook

rush

by: kid

I'm an incoming freshman from north NJ, just south of NYC. I am a relatively laid back kid who played football, ice hockey, and baseball in high school, was a member of many clubs, had a finance internship on Wall Street, and I will be majoring in finance. I was just curious if I have a shot at getting into a solid fraternity, and if there are any in specific that I should look into as I don't know anyone or anything about Greek life at school.

Posted By: kid
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

If you want in Fiji you better get to Austin in the next 2 weeks and meet the rush captains. Fiji is the hardest fraternity to get in to and all their bids will be given out soon. I hear they already have a very high acceptance rate of who they have offered bids to.

By: Truth
by: Realistic TruthJul 24, 2015 1:46:53 AM

He won't get fiji, way too late for that. And he doesn't know any of them. Look at mid or lower

By: Realistic Truth
#2  by: ehh   

yes its too late for the top 4 or 5 fraternities if you don't get to Austin within the next two weeks

By: ehh
#3  by: DTD   

Have you ever thought about Delt? Matthew McCaughnahay (sp?) was a Delt. It's not like Fiji has ever produced a movie star. Don't worry about who's the best. Just go with where you're comfortable.

By: DTD
#4  by: to be honest   

im from the northeast as well and it shouldnt be a problem getting a bid from a solid fraternity, just look at their websites and contact their rush captains. Make sure you get on it though because recruitment ends as soon as classes start.

By: to be honest
by: GirlJul 24, 2015 4:49:34 PM

Recruitment has gone on for a year for the top fraternities and if he has no connections at this point, it isn't going to happen for him. Their pledge classes are pretty much locked in within the next two weeks.

Look at houses like Delt, KA, ATO etc. You might still have a chance as an unknown with them.

By: Girl
#5  by: girl   

I would try Kappa Sig, they always take a few out of state kids and are still rushing, plus they just tore down their house and are building a new one.

By: girl
#6  by: ATX Greek Girl   

If you are super outstanding, good looking from good family, etc...and can get to Austin in the next couple of weeks and meet Fiji rush captains and they REALLY like you, it IS possible to get a bid from them.

By: ATX Greek Girl
#7  by: Actual ATX Greek Girl   

No, it's definitely not possible to get a bid from Fiji. they just gave out the last of their bids last week.

By: Actual ATX Greek Girl
by: ATX Greek GirlJul 27, 2015 8:15:53 AM

I thought they still had a few to give out.

By: ATX Greek Girl
by: WrongJul 27, 2015 9:23:32 AM

Stop talking for a fraternity when you're a stupid sorostitute.

By: Wrong
#8  by: she wrong   

realistically, your best bets are KA, Sigma Chi, Pike, Delt, or ATO. All are great middle fraternities. good luck yankee.

By: she wrong

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.