facebook

need some help

by: Rushee

How big of a difference would being a KA over a Fiji have on my college expierence? I have been rushing Fiji all last fall and pretty much all of the summer and I was invited to their party this weekend (where I will probly get a bid) but my pops was a KA and he heard about it getting responsored so he wants me to be one too. Looking for help and advise

Posted By: Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

If you feel like the fiji guys would be your best friends during college then pledge there. If you go to KA and you like the guys substantially more and feel like you fit in there then pledge there. That's all that really matters. The big differences are the parties you'll be throwing, girls you'll be hanging out with and the guys you'll be hanging out with. In a year or two KA will probably be closer to fiji regarding their tier than they are now. Don't relive your dads college life choose which one u want

By: Truth
#2  by: More Truth   

Fiji is top house at UT and the most exclusive. However, their exclusivity has more to do with the quality of the guy, not just what neighborhood he is from or how much money his family has (they have not given bids to a lot of guys from wealthy families/prestigious neighborhoods if they think they are jerks or douchebags). KA are mid tier due to losing their charter but I'm sure they will rise over the next few years now that they have their charter back. Take all this into consideration but mainly focus on which guys you fit in with the most and want to spend the next 4 years with.

By: More Truth
#3  by: Advice   

I'd choose to be a star at KA but nobody can deny FIJI is a great option

By: Advice
#4  by: Serious?   

There's too much KA complementing KA in this post. Fiji is the absolute top fraternity and most respected on campus. KA didn't even exist two years ago but for some reason think they're legitimate.

By: Serious?
#5  by: Girl   

From a girl's perspective there is no comparison. If Fiji offers you a bid, take it.

You are not your dad and UT's KA chapter isn't anything like his chapter. KA has a lot of work to do to be great at UT again. You will not have the same kind of social life or connections. I'd only go KA if Fiji doesn't bid you.

By: Girl
by: Yeah rightJul 24, 2015 6:40:43 PM

Machi will do anything to bring down KA hahah

By: Yeah right
by: SuttinJul 24, 2015 8:27:51 PM

His dad was a KA at UT...

By: Suttin
by: Really?Jul 24, 2015 8:55:20 PM

Yeah back when KA was actually a good house long before the Omicron disaster. They were number three to four for a really long time compared to now. It ISN'T the same house his dad was in now. I think that was the point.

I don't see where Machi was even mentioned. KA versus Fiji is a no brainer. But since you brought it up, Machi > KA too. So suck it.

By: Really?
by: So trueJul 26, 2015 2:36:34 PM

I totally agree!

By: So true
#6  by: bevot    

if you bid a fraternity only because of your dad you will always regret it, but especially when you realize the friends you could have had for life.

By: bevot
#7  by: how   

I think the entire KA chapter is on Greek Rank this summer

By: how

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.