facebook

pnm

by: Summer

Is it ok to be in Austin and going to parties etc. this summer? I don't want to break any rules, but I have had a couple of good friends who are actives ask me to come stay with them some.

Posted By: Summer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: A   

Going to parties gives you more of a chance to make an idiot of yourself. Everyone will be watching you including fraternity guys who will also talk about you to sorority members.

Any sorority member who wants you to stay with her over the summer is breaking the rules. Of course it happens, but it's tricky for you. If you decide to stay with them, it doesn't guarantee you'll get a bid even if everything goes great. This is a big mistake some PNMs make thinking they are automatically in. Also, if members in other chapters see you with those girls, they can assume that's the way you want to go and drop you right away during recruitment. This will mean fewer options for you if that chapter drops you during recruitment.

By: A
#2  by: so true   

The rush teams, ChiO is the worst, go to all the fraternity parties all summer. They are watching. Everyone likes to party and have a good time but if they see you drinking and acting like an idiot, you are done.

By: so true
#3  by: And    

several years ago, high schoolers got to go to round up. I did well during rush but didn't even make round two of the sorority of girls I stayed with during round up.

By: And
#4  by: lol!!   

and it might not help!

By: lol!!
by: Do Apr 13, 2015 8:43:33 PM

They ruin their chances because they get drunk and act stupid?

By: Do
by: Or...Apr 13, 2015 9:46:48 PM

she hook ups with a guy, or a sorority member sees her getting too much attention from her crush or a sister's crush, or they see her only with members of a certain sorority or a million other things she doesn't even realize happens but that make it over for her

By: Or...
by: ThanksApr 14, 2015 9:18:54 AM

That makes much more sense to me! No way am I stupid enough to drink too much and I don't hook up with random guys but I did not realize the other things.

By: Thanks
by: ^Apr 14, 2015 9:09:40 PM

Yeah, you have to realize that when people are drinking their perception and memory of what's going on is also distorted. You might ask some fraternity guy where the bathroom is and all of a sudden the story ends up that you were all over him and then hooked up. So you can do nothing wrong but rumors get started.

By: ^
#5  by: And    

don't listen to half this crap....do what you want....actually no one really cares who you are

By: And
by: 8!Apr 16, 2015 9:15:04 PM

You are obviously not in a sorority because this is exactly how things work. Go away and stop telling girls the wrong things on purpose.

By: 8!
#6  by: well ....   

The ChiO rush group is obsessed with summer rush and even have a special house they take you to.

By: well ....

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.