facebook

sigma delta tau

by: PNM

Is SDT still participating in formal rush this year, even after last year's disaster? I feel like they would ruin rush for a lot of girls

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Bump   

Yes, they are. I'm wondering if they make any cuts, even for not having recs?

By: Bump
by: TheyAug 13, 2014 2:02:06 PM

Don't require recs, I'm pretty sure. The chapter at Bama is very similar and they don't require them.

By: They
by: ^Aug 14, 2014 10:54:25 AM

the only thing they require is a weak pulse.

By: ^
#2  by: They   

ruined rush for a lot of girls last year, and they'll probably do it again. A lot of girls had to get cut from houses that wanted them because of lower quota, and SDT didn't end up getting very many anyway.

By: They
#3  by: Tough to say    

Not sure it increased overall placement of pnms, which was the goal. It did, though, help the non-big six houses perhaps bc it shrank the pool of pnms and likely let them get girls that otherwise would have gone big six if quota had been higher. APhi, KD, ADPi , DG and AXiD pretty much all had relatively stronger PCs than years past

By: Tough to say
by: AgreeAug 13, 2014 7:50:53 PM

When you add a bottom tier group everyone else takes a step up.

By: Agree
by: ^Aug 14, 2014 10:53:51 AM

Yeah but what happens to those girls who are stuck with SDT on pref is horrible. Normally they would go to one of the normal houses they preffed if they didn't end up high enough on the bid lists of one of those houses and didn't match because of the guaranteed bid thing, but since SDT is so small and desperate, they will end up there if that's one of their pref houses. so if you don't list them, then you won't get a bid at all now if you leave them off your list. if you do put them down, you are guaranteed a bid but it will be to SDT if you don't get high enough on your other choices' lists. so you are stuck. they ruined recruitment for a lot of girls last year. no one in formal wants them. i don't understand why they keep participating. it has to be humiliating and it certainly isn't good for their image. if someone doesn't want them, they can't make it happen. they're just not comparable for someone who wants a real sorority experience.

By: ^
by: Different Aug 14, 2014 3:17:38 PM

It's true that they offer a different experience from that of the other houses

By: Different
by: YESAug 14, 2014 10:29:09 PM

To the person "^" that is actually my biggest fear going into rush next week

By: YES
by: SinceAug 17, 2014 12:32:37 PM

They're likely doing formal on orders from nationals, I doubt they're looking forward to it any more than the PNMs are.

It would be cool if a bunch of girls made a commitment to pledge them and help them turn things around, although that would probably never happen.

By: Since
by: WhileAug 18, 2014 8:06:55 AM

That would be incredibly selfless, but given the mean spiritedness of everyone on this site, it isn't likely to happen

By: While
#4  by: PNM   

so how does a PNM avoid this situation if they are not interested in joining SDT

By: PNM
by: @PNMAug 17, 2014 5:07:35 PM

This is nothing you can do to avoid SDT. All you can do is have the best recruitment you can, have a positive attitude @SDT (people talk and EVERYONE has friends everywhere). If you are a highly desirable PNM, they will be off you schedule after the first round (Because you will rank them the lowest and everyone else will ask you back, therefore in that case your desires matter) So if they are on your list and you rank them lowest, then that means you were not all that special to someone you actually liked and you can just put your big girl panties on and deal.

By: @PNM
by: HahahaAug 19, 2014 12:35:08 AM

PRAY that enough houses put you high enough on their lists so you can drop them first round. The more rounds they end up showing up on your list, the more likely you will be to have them at pref. It completely sucks and is selfish that they are making this happen to pnms again this year..

By: Hahaha
#5  by: It can happen    

It can happen to anyone, I know a girl who only had pi phi and sdt on pref night.

By: It can happen
#6  by: make the best of it   

lol @ put your big girl panties on and deal--so true.

Seriously though, if all the girls that drop out would join SDT instead, they'd have a competitive sorority

By: make the best of it

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.