facebook

is this a joke?

by: Really????

My sister graduated from UT two years ago. She swears there were rumors of girls dropping out of recruitment and even transferring because they didn't get PKT or even Big 6. Is this true? Does that rally happen. I am a PNM and am going in with a completely open mind though my sister was Big 6.

Posted By: Really????
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ..   

I've heard that about ole miss, but not texas

By: ..
#2  by: no   

Girls drop out but I've never heard of any transferring just to join a certain sorority. That's ridiculous

By: no
#3  by: Hmmm   

I have heard rumors like that too, but I have never known anyone who knew a single person who did. I wouldn't doubt that things like that have happened, especially before the lines became more blurred between the sorority tiers. So, probably not, but who knows? People do crazy things and recruitment makes some people act crazy. Hopefully just a crazy sorority urban legend.

By: Hmmm
#4  by: Haha   

I actually knew someone who did this (at OU).

By: Haha
#5  by: No   

I think it used to happen a long time ago but now that UT is so much harder to get into, it doesn't happen. Girls do drop out of recruitment if they don't like what they have left though, which is a huge mistake because being in any house (except SDT which really isn't the same as us) is way better than being a GDI.

By: No
by: UPCJul 30, 2014 4:57:57 PM

Any sorority is better than not being in one.

By: UPC
#6  by: well...   

I have heard of girls going to hard core Greek schools like Ole Miss and Bama, and then transferring to UT so they could be big six or PKT. A few of my letter writers who attended these schools told me, but that was 20+ years ago.

By: well...
by: It's pretty Jul 30, 2014 3:05:17 PM

similar difficulty to get bids to some of the Big 6 especially Chi O, Tri Delt, at both of those schools and to an extent maybe Kappa at Bama specifically as at UT.

By: It's pretty
by: MJul 31, 2014 12:20:55 AM

But PiPhi and Theta suck in the south and at those schools so that would be a feasible plan. Only problem is the ones here know how bad those houses are there so they might refuse to affiliate a girl like that.

By: M
#7  by: Greek Girl   

Yes, it's true that girls will transfer. My freshman year 3 girls living in Hardin House quit in the middle of rush, packed up and transferred, 1 went to Baylor, 1 went to U of Arkansas, not sure about the 3rd.

By: Greek Girl
#8  by: Well   

Losers are losers at all levels

By: Well
#9  by: Truth   

^^^^^This is bang on. Big Six does not HATE on the non-Big 6. Everyone at UT is chill. Don't believe the $hit on here.

By: Truth
by: ^^Aug 2, 2014 7:26:27 PM

Pretty much the only true statement on this thread

By: ^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.