facebook

sigep the next ka?

by: Greek Observer

Good Qualities- Very Attractive, Cool House, Best Parties, Good Grades, most Down to Earth of the top, Get Along with top and lower. Seen them hang with Fijis and I've seen them hang with Pikes. Bad Qualities- A party mentality and that comes with some very destructive behavior, I think they could be the next KA, I've heard comparisons to what Phi Delt was as well. The EX would take their place as Ksig did with KA

Posted By: Greek Observer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Uh   

This is stupid

By: Uh
#2  by: Tex   

Chill out "Greek Observer"

By: Tex
#3  by: This    

is dumb. Sig Ep already took KA's place. Sigma Chi will always be below that tier of top fraternities.

By: This
by: Wasn't Feb 5, 2014 9:43:20 AM

Sig Ep largely considered to be above KA even before they were kicked off? If SX built a better house they could definitely join the top tier eventually, it's what Sig Ep did, and Sig Ep are the coolest and most relatable top tier group in my experience. SX and Delt would be considered top tier at any other school in the state.

By: Wasn't
by: @wasn'tFeb 5, 2014 11:03:19 AM

haha no no no. EX and Delt sure as hell would not be top tier at SMU or TCU. In fact, my TCU EX friends won't even associate with Texas EX's because of how embarrassing the members of the Texas chapter are.

By: @wasn't
by: ^agreedFeb 5, 2014 11:22:00 AM

The top 2 chapters at SMU, TCU, Baylor and even Tech all come from the same high schools as Fiji/SAE/KS. Texas Sigma Chi and Delt guys would not get bids to these houses either. They may seem better due to the greek culture at Texas with all of the partying versus the other schools, but I can promise their top kids are actually very similar to ours and a lot were best friends in high school. I would say EX and Delt might be top tier at Tech but definitely not the other 3 schools mentioned.

By: ^agreed
by: NoFeb 5, 2014 2:26:04 PM

Baylor is such weak a Greek scene compared to the other 3 you mentioned. Just because they have unhoused two or three 50-60 man chapters with the second rate kids from Highland Park, Memorial, etc. doesn't make those chapters better than Texas Sigma Chi or Delt who probably have as many feeder school kids in their 200ish man chapters as Baylor's top houses do and infinitely more going for them. TCU's top chapters are only marginally better than their bottom ones and nearly every chapter there would be middle to upper middle at UT. Texas Tech gets the feeder school kids who couldn't get into UT or A&M and couldn't afford to go to SMU, TCU, or Baylor and didn't even have the grades to get the big scholarships they hand out like candy. The best kids in the top houses at Tech are largely West Texas kids who's parents have oil money, run large farming operations, or are doctors or lawyers. A lot of those kids get into schools like UT, A&M and SMU but don't won't to be so far from home. On SMU you might be right, but I'm pretty sure they'd be top tier there too, there really is only a top and bottom tier there. It's funny how you seem to think every third rate Highland park kid is God's gift to the world.

By: No
by: @NoFeb 5, 2014 4:30:12 PM

So you must also agree that Texas AXO is as good or better than Baylor Kappa? Baylor Kappa is equally if not more competitive than PKT at Texas. The greek scene is much better here at Texas than any of those other schools, I agree. It's the school that gives Texas Sigma Chi and Delt a lift, not their members. Majority of the kids in the top 2 houses at TCU, SMU, Baylor, and even Tech would get bids to our Big 4 fraternties where guys in EX and Delt never even made the rush lists.

The guys in the top couple of houses of TCU, SMU, and even Baylor relate much better to Texas top tier than the Texas middle tier does to the Texas top tier.

By: @No
#4  by: Ya   

EX would have to completely build a new facilities and begin to recruit a completely different type of person for them to ever take SigEp's place. The top tier would just consist of 3 fraternities for a very long time if that were to happen. I hated to see KA go down because they were one of Texas bests and I pray that it wouldn't happen to another quality fraternity like SigEp

By: Ya
#5  by: Campus Four Big 6   

Fiji SAE Phi Delt and Kappa Sig are top at almost every school in Texas

(In No Order)

UT: Fiji SAE Kappa Sig
Tech: Fiji SAE Phi Delt Delt
A&M: Fiji KA SAE Beta
SMU: Fiji SAE Phi Delt Pike
TCU: SAE Phi Delt Kappa Sig Sigma Chi
Baylor: Fiji SAE Phi Delt Kappa Sig

By: Campus Four Big 6
by: ^Feb 7, 2014 9:53:30 PM

Fiji isn't top at Baylor anymore, and Phi Delt has never been.

By: ^
by: ^Feb 8, 2014 8:21:14 AM

Fiji will be back next year. No one else has risen to take this spot from them yet.
Phi Delt was top all throughout the it's history before getting itself kicked off in the 90s. Similar story at UT. Only difference is the Baylor chapter has rebounded again to be back. \n\n\n\n\n

By: ^
by: JebFeb 8, 2014 11:34:28 AM

SAE is not that high at A&M.

By: Jeb
by: WestlakeFeb 9, 2014 2:49:32 PM

Kappa Sig at UT is a lot like Phi Delt at Baylor. Both groups on the rise recently that have been top in the past, but still outside the top two of their respective campuses (UT: Fiji and SAE) (Baylor: Kappa Sig and SAE).

By: Westlake
#6  by: N   

Wtf

By: N

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.