facebook

out of state chances

by: Out of state

I am transfering to UT next fall from Illinois and was wondering what my chances at some of the top tier/ upper middle tier houses would be. I'm very social and come from money (although I don't know how a house could find my family income). I will be a sophomore. Basically can I get into a good house without any previous connections?

Posted By: Out of state
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Fraternity of    

sorority? If you're wealthy and from certain areas you have a big advantage. If you're wealthy and from out of state or even the wrong part of Texas things like legacy status might be important. If you're talking fraternity you have a bit more leeway because you have more autonomy and focus with who and where you rush, but without connections most top tier houses are pretty unlikely as an OOS sophomore. Middle/upper middle tier groups should probably be your target based on what you said.

By: Fraternity of
by: Out of stateFeb 3, 2014 11:06:46 PM

Fraternity

By: Out of state
by: Big 4Feb 4, 2014 1:15:01 AM

will be a stretch without an "in" which is why lots of very wealthy out of state kids end up in middle tier houses

By: Big 4
#2  by: toss up    

If you're looking to get in one of the Big 4, you're gunna have to put yourself out there and make sure they know about you. They aren't gunna go out of their way to meet out of state kids, so it's up to you to make a move. Contact them or even show up to their house if you really want to rush them

By: toss up
#3  by: Rawr   

You'll need to take a trip down to Roundup and impress the hell out of everyone. Get started now, contact friends of friends of friends. Even try and make your way down here this month if possible. Rush for some begins in the new year, let's just say.

By: Rawr

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.