facebook

iron spikes or wranglers for spring 2014

by: asdf

I have a choice right now of whether or not to pledge Iron Spikes or Wranglers. What are the benefits/cons of each? I feel like Wranglers pledge harder and it's harder to get into. However, Iron Spikes are more welcoming and they talked to me more during the recruitment process. Wranglers kind of stick to themselves and do their own thing. Which group is better for me in terms of just having a decent social circle with good bros I can rely on?

Posted By: asdf
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: go    

spikes

By: go
#2  by: Former Maverick   

Go Spikes

By: Former Maverick
#3  by: Go   

Cowboys or Spurs.

By: Go
#4  by: asdf   

Why Spikes? Also I can't get into Cowboys or Spurs

By: asdf
#5  by: First   

Cowboys and Spurs aren't in the same category as Wranglers and Spikes, don't know why people mention them together.

Spikes are harder to get into. Wranglers are easy to get into, they take any kid that looks like he's in some athletic shape. Pledging is harder because all you do is work out in the morning.

I'd pick Spikes easily, there's actually more to it than working out. They have more social prestige, they're more involved in campus, and they're not all meatheads. Easy decision unless you're a meathead.

By: First
by: asdfFeb 3, 2014 6:01:23 PM

Interesting.. thanks for your input. I always thought Wranglers had more social prestige with their game day uniform as well as their philanthropies like City Wide Hold Up.

By: asdf
by: No oneFeb 3, 2014 9:07:23 PM

outside of Wranglers and I guess Darlins, looks at Wranglers as a prestigious organization. They may give you that kind of feeling because of their "pledgeship" process. It's pretty easy to get into, there's only an athletic requirement.

Spikes actually have guys that get selected for Cowboys and Spurs. Wranglers don't. Ultimately if your choice is a fraternity or one of these organizations, I'd pick a fraternity as long as it wasn't a bottom-tier one.

By: No one
#6  by: kjfkajfka   

fdsajfkdsjf

By: kjfkajfka
#7  by: EASY   

Wranglers the group that asked the now Texas Darlins to unaffiliate themselves with the "wrangler" name... who also only have ONE cowboy whereas Spikes and Tejas both have at least 4 each....
Spikes will be more social and actual better guys. There are some genuine guys in wranglers, but maybe 1 out of every 10

By: EASY
#8  by: Actually   

Wranglers have 2 Cowboys and 1 Spur now. Spikes definitely have more, but just throwing that out there.

By: Actually
by: DangFeb 11, 2014 1:27:17 AM

Cowboys just about letting anyone in

By: Dang
#9  by: No one cares    

Wranglers is not even Greek so get off of the page

By: No one cares

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.