facebook

money talks

by: Phi Delt

This group should really be higher like they used to be. It's a shame some of the rich alumni don't give Phi Delt a boost! My dad was one and we're loaded, but I pledged elsewhere due to embarrassment.

Posted By: Phi Delt
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Best   

I always heard they used to be above Figi AND SAE. They were more the well-dressed Harvard-looking dudes but they still partied it up. SAE's were more party reputation in general, and Figi's were a fraction below SAE but more conservative-looking like PhiDelt (but not necessarily on the same "upper crust" level)

By: Best
by: Not what I've Jan 16, 2014 7:34:34 PM

heard exactly. Phi Delt was the top house until some time in the 90s, but Fiji was basically always two and until some time in the 80s ATO and Kappa Sig rounded out the top 4, SAE was maybe lower top tier along with possibly KA and Sigma Nu. SAE wasn't top 4 until Kappa Sig declined and ATO got kicked off, and as far as I know haven't been above Fiji at any point.

By: Not what I've
by: YepJan 22, 2014 10:45:47 PM

Agree^^^

By: Yep
#2  by: Now   

they're creepy, so who cares.

Won't ever be top tier, will struggle heavily to get into the real middle tier.

By: Now
by: Not reallyJan 16, 2014 7:28:02 PM

Doubt they'll be top tier any time soon, but they aren't creepy. The guys aren't all that different from anyone else in the middle tier. They're just smaller with a crappier house.

By: Not really
by: DisagreeJan 17, 2014 1:49:15 PM

They're not much different than Pi Kapp and not too huge of a difference between them and Phi Psi, except the house.

However, there's a huge difference when you compare Phi Delt and Pi Kapp with ATO, PIKE, Sammy, etc. They don't compare well at all

By: Disagree
#3  by: I call B.S.   

You were embarrassed? You weren't even a member. If you cared enough you could have joined, asked Dad for some money to put on a more ambitious recruitment and improve the house. 4 years from now you could have have something to be really proud of. Why bother writing about it now?

By: I call B.S.
#4  by: Why would   

you pledge Phi Delt? If you want to pledge a smaller house, pick Phi Psi or even Pi Kapp if you are financially strapped.

The dry housing policy limits them from ever becoming a real middle-tier fraternity. There's a reason why they keep giving money to Phi Psi so they can go to round up at their house.

By: Why would
#5  by: True   

Phi delt will eventually get back to the top probably just not in this generation.

By: True
by: ^Jan 28, 2014 12:56:47 PM

or schools where the university owns the houses and decides to make them all non-drinking.

By: ^
#6  by: Facts   

Unless your a phi Delt don't talk about nationals like you know them. Your satellite illegal story is BS.

By: Facts

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.