facebook

why is fiji considered superior to sae?

by: HOOKEM

Is it just because of history? Because I know a lot of kids who got FIJI bids who chose to go SAE instead. For example, Bill Powers' son. And I'm not looking for an SAE vs FIJI argument, just curious why everyone thinks that FIJI is better by a large amount?

Posted By: HOOKEM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Just look   

Yes, there were a few (very few) that chose SAE over Fiji but there were about 25-30 that got bids from both that chose Fiji. If you compared the 2 pledge classes you would know why Fiji is considered better.

By: Just look
by: wellJan 13, 2014 6:47:22 PM

you obviously havent heard fiji's tactics about forcing kids to sign bid cards when their drunk. There are multiple kids they do this to. The kids are usually torn between the two already before it happens though so when they sober up they dont mind. true story

By: well
by: There'sJan 13, 2014 7:21:17 PM

quite a few fraternities that do some sketchy stuff when they hand out bids.

By: There's
by: Fiji fanFeb 9, 2014 12:17:20 AM

Fiji is better because they look for great guys from all over the state and also out of state. They won't take a guy just because he is from certain schools. Quality is more important to them than what school someone is from.

By: Fiji fan
#2  by: Just look    

Yes, I did hear about the Fijis doing that, along with a lot of the other fraternities. In the past the SAEs have been known to be very pushy, not sure about this year though.

By: Just look
by: DoingJan 13, 2014 8:18:21 PM

coercive stuff is bad precedent. It usually causes retention to suffer if you aren't top tier.

By: Doing
#3  by: PKT   

Both fraternities undeniably top 2 but Fiji is more respected.

By: PKT
#4  by: What's new   

All fraternities get guys drunk and try to get them to sign bid cards.

By: What's new
by: KnownJan 31, 2014 4:33:13 PM

kids in middle tier fraternities that were pressure bidded in a room full of actives and they ended up dropping pretty early in pledgeship because they didn't feel like they made the right choice.

It's a dumb thing to do and I have no respect for it.

By: Known
#5  by: ATX   

What fraternity has a lot of pledges drop? I know SAE and Fiji put a lot of pressure on rushes to sign bid cards but I don't hear of them losing pledges.

By: ATX
by: Big 4 areJan 30, 2014 8:52:18 AM

the only ones who can afford to, maybe Sigma Chi and Delt can get away with it too, but It has much more mixed results for other houses.

By: Big 4 are
#6  by: ATX   

I don't think many of the top tier drop.

#7  by: I've heard   

PIKE is pretty bad about pressure bidding, ATO too. That's probably why ATO had so many pledges drop last semester.

By: I've heard
by: ^Feb 10, 2014 9:41:43 AM

That's what happened to Pike in Fall 2012 too for the same reason.

By: ^
#8  by: ATX   

They shouldn't do that.

#9  by: PKT   

To the original question...

Fiji is just more respected. Plain and simple.

By: PKT
#10  by: ATX   

I just think that Fiji have been out rushing the past few years...and now they will have that new house.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.