facebook

sae or ex

by: Rushing next fall

I recently saw a ranking online. Sigma Chi and SAE were ranked No1 and No2 respectively.

I am rushing next fall and I want to join a fraternity that would benefit me in the long-run after college. SAE is better than Sigma Chi at UT but I heard that Sigma Chi is better nationally.

What is your guys' opinion on Sigma Chi? I was told that Sigma Chi has better alumni networks outside of Texas and is building a new house at UT in a few years in order to compete with Big4.
Is this rumor true at all?

Posted By: Rushing next fall
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: SAE and SX   

are pretty equivalent top 2 nationally, it's not really possible to say which is stronger, they both have something like 10 national congressmen/senators, 300,000 total initiates, and a (deceased) presidential alum. SAE and Fiji are top two at UT and in the state of Texas, with Fiji probably edging out SAE for the top spot in both categories, followed by Kappa Sig and Sig Ep at UT. Sigma Chi is somewhere between 5-7. I kind of assume you're a troll trying to look like a Sigma Chi self-promoting anyway, especially since there have been about 10 new troll posts today.

By: SAE and SX
by: wellDec 13, 2013 12:14:53 AM

Read my post, I clearly state that SAE is better than Sigma Chi at UT. No doubt about that, their house is way better than Sigma Chi's and has more guys from traditional feeder school. They just seem to be a good choice when you consider their alumni network outside of Texas. I am just curious to see if Sigma CHi actually has potential to be one of top fraternities at UT in the future or they are just lying about bulding new house like Phi Sci just to rush kids.

All of my lacrosse buddies pledged SAE and Fiji this year and it seems to me that they still hang out with same people from high school. I want to explore my options and join a fraternity that would benefit me in terms of alumni connection outside of Texas as I plan to move to either LA or NYC for a job in finances.

I am a UT ATO legacy but I am pretty sure it's not what it used to be when my dad went to UT. In addition, they are not that strong nationally.

By: well
by: ^Dec 13, 2013 12:26:25 AM

ATO is still one of the larger and stronger fraternities nationally, stop reading Greekrank, SAE and SX are only two of many strong fraternities nationally. Also, I'm pretty sure Phi Psi actually bought some property already, so the chance of them building a new house in the near future are more likely to not be rumors than Sigma Chi's.

By: ^
by: YouDec 13, 2013 4:53:10 PM

sound like a huge try-hard. If you're really worried about the difference between alumni networks between Sigma Chi and SAE, you're an idiot. One, fraternity alumni networks aren't a big deal when you go to Texas, there's all kinds of networks for Texas Exes outside of Texas.

No way Sigma Chi is building a new house, there's nowhere for them to build. Their dream is for that Burger King to shut down and buy that lot, but that'll never happen.

Phi Psi might be building a new house, who knows if they actually get it done this time.

By: You
by: case mccoyJan 8, 2014 2:25:19 AM

with sigmachis sick party endorsement deals with the likes of West Campus Textbooks and BC smokeshop those guys will probably be buying half of west campus and making a frat estate!

By: case mccoy
#2  by: Well   

The main thing is can you get a bid at both? Anyone can get a bid to Sigma Chi (not to knock them, they're solidly moving up), but you have to be from the right neighborhood and know the right people to get a bid to SAE. If you aren't a legacy or from HP/Memorial (among other places), then your best bet is Sigma Chi, because you aren't getting an SAE bid.

By: Well
#3  by: Rushing   

What is the difference between the amount of dues of Sigma Chi and SAE?

By: Rushing
#4  by: Dude...   

ATO is pretty large nationally and trust me networks aren't really that big of a deal. No Wall Street firm will give you a job because of your fraternity. They are going to hire smart kids with the right qualifications and experience. Also quit reading greekrank and rush for yourself. I personally think sigma chis are pretty queer and would go SAE if I could. If your dad was an ATO it wouldn't hurt to check them out. They have also been trying to improve themself.

By: Dude...
by: Child pleaseDec 28, 2013 2:36:48 PM

ATO is pocket change nationally. You want to join a fraternity with connections? Phi Delta Theta has the most congressional or political alums than any other lettered organization. It is the fraternity with the most powerful alums. You are just throwing out nonsense. Do some research.

By: Child please
by: @child pleaseJan 8, 2014 11:10:10 AM

You're a retarded Phi Delt by the sound of it. SAE and SX both have more current congressional alumni than y'all, and ATO is a good house nationally. I'm in none of the above, but you sound like Ricky Bobby "if you aren't first you're last". Phi Delt is not first nationally anyway and has been going downhill since dry housing was instituted.

By: @child please
#5  by: rushee   

Thank ya'll for all of your opinions, I will stay open minded and decide for myself.

By: rushee
#6  by: ^Dude   

I personally think you are pretty queer. I'm betting you're an ACC kid with dreams of getting into UT and I doubt your ability to get a bid from SAE, Sigma Chi, or ATO. PS. Networks can be a pretty big deal. You just wouldn't understand & for what it's worth, your grammar sucks.

By: ^Dude
by: ^lolDec 15, 2013 11:53:21 PM

Someone needs their midol. I happen to go to UT, be in a good fraternity, and be in finance. I understand more about it than your worthless ass .

By: ^lol
by: ^lol, right Dec 16, 2013 12:41:25 AM

on slugger. Now we're all impressed.

By: ^lol, right
#7  by: ^   

sounds like someone's jealous of this kid's opportunity

#8  by: Neither   

Go Fiji...if you can get a bid from them.

By: Neither
#9  by: ^   

I agree. Try to rush Fiji, they are the best at UT!

by: AgreeDec 21, 2013 11:59:34 AM

Agree with above! Fiji is the best!

By: Agree
by: RusheeDec 23, 2013 9:14:50 AM

Thanks guys.

By: Rushee
#10  by: Go TKE!   

TKE biggest #1 fratty in USA! Go TKE or be a geek!

By: Go TKE!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.