facebook

san francisco schools at job fair

by: beware

The San Francisco schools love to go to UT for teachers right out of college. I was recruited a few years ago.As someone who worked there, I really do not recommend working at SFUSD.

Posted By: beware
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ?   

Is this with Teach For American? Everyone is telling me not to apply, but I'm sort of conflicted.

By: ?
by: ReallyFeb 22, 2019 8:28:04 PM

Really!!! Avoid Teach for America and/or The New Teacher Project. They are really evil and will hurt you in the long run.

By: Really
by: @reallyFeb 23, 2019 9:44:01 PM

Teach For America looks really bad on resumes and can make it hard to get into a grad school or get another job afterwards.

By: @really
by: /Feb 25, 2019 8:37:47 AM

The problem with Teach For America is that they undercut the long term teachers and displace them, so it really hurts the schools in the long run.

By: /
by: yop Apr 4, 2019 7:00:13 PM

Teach for America is cultural tourism at its finest.
You may get paid , and have fun, but you would be doing a lot of long term damage to the kids and even your

By: yop
by: tokeApr 9, 2019 4:55:18 PM

we had a teach for America teacher at my high school and he was the worst teacher I ever had.

By: toke
#2  by: and   

. Be careful of a lot of school districts like Las Vegas too.

By: and
by: ^Feb 12, 2019 9:56:37 AM

You couldn't pay me enough money to be a teacher in California or Nevada. Both states have a lot of corruption in their school systems.

By: ^
by: ya knowFeb 23, 2019 12:09:46 PM

A lot of the problems in California schools have to do with their crooked unions.

By: ya know
by: @ya knowFeb 26, 2019 8:58:12 AM

You don't have to join the union anymore. Even in California they can't force you to join.

By: @ya know
#3  by: LOL   

Wasn't planning on it, but thanks for the head up.

By: LOL
by: be carefulFeb 24, 2019 9:10:38 PM

Be careful signing those contracts because if you sign them and don't honor the contract they can make it really hard to get a job anywhere.

By: be careful
by: yesFeb 25, 2019 9:25:18 PM

Be really careful signing a contract with any California school district. They have some sort of weird legal entanglement issues.

By: yes
#4  by: longhorn   

Everyone wants UT grads and we don't have to settle for abusive environments.

By: longhorn
by: ^?Feb 14, 2019 4:15:53 PM

Nobody should settle for abusive environments, regardless of where they went to college.

By: ^?
by: ?Mar 7, 2019 12:00:50 AM

Where are you hearing that Everyone wants UT grads? There are lots of places that prefer TCU grads.

by: andMar 10, 2019 10:05:52 PM

SMU gets a lot of people wanting to hire.

By: and
#5  by: best   

best to avoid any school district that has a PAR program built into their contract. PAR = Peer Assistance and Review. The program means you have a corrupt union.

By: best
by: @^Mar 1, 2019 9:46:40 AM

It's a program where the union gets rid of people which is very controversial.

By: @^
#6  by: meI   

I want to work at Facebook. Are they coming to any recruitment fairs?

By: meI
by: yesMar 4, 2019 5:27:44 PM

Facebook recruits a lot from here. Fill out an application on line.

By: yes
#7  by: Guest   

Many Texas school districts aren’t particularly great to work for. The state doesn’t exactly rank high in education spending.

By: Guest
by: trueMar 9, 2019 10:28:54 AM

True. But they are still better than California, Nevada and Ohio.

By: true
by: meMar 11, 2019 4:12:30 PM

I'm excited to work in Round Rock next year. Texas is one of the best places for teachers.

By: me
by: /Mar 12, 2019 10:24:14 AM

It isn't about how much money is spent on education. It's how the money is spent.

By: /
by: ?Mar 16, 2019 11:41:50 PM

I love working for a local school district here in Texas. One of the best places to work.

by: beepApr 24, 2019 10:29:11 AM

Texas has some of the best schools out there.

By: beep
#8  by: Guest   

Many Texas school districts aren’t particularly great to work for. The state doesn’t exactly rank high in education spending.

By: Guest
by: wrongMar 14, 2019 10:18:43 AM

You're wrong.Texas has some really great schools and districts. Don't believe the bad hype. It's a great place to work here in Texas.

By: wrong
by: ?Apr 6, 2019 10:38:37 AM

Why?

#9  by: LOL   

didn't see them at a job fair, but saw them on Craigslist.

By: LOL
by: umMar 14, 2019 5:45:39 PM

Don't knock craigslist. One of my friends got a job with a top advising firm off a craigslist post.

By: um

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.