facebook

who are the "core four"?

by: Greek Geek

How do they compare to the "Big Six"? Could some of these sororities or others change ranks?

Posted By: Greek Geek
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 4
#11  by: lol   

Core 4 and Big 6 are in the urban dictionary

By: lol
by: Urban DictionaSep 24, 2013 3:06:59 PM

Definitely a reliable source, and not something just anyone can post on. Oh wait...

By: Urban Dictiona
by: Hahaha!Sep 24, 2013 3:34:00 PM

Too funny!

By: Hahaha!
by: WikiSep 24, 2013 7:10:52 PM

I'm start the wikipedia page. can I use you all as sources?

By: Wiki
by: Urban DictionaSep 24, 2013 8:09:53 PM

as anonymous poster #12A on this thread of Greekrank, I can assure you of the validity of my statements about the integrity of the peer reviewed Urban Dictionary article. You can use me as a reliable citation.

By: Urban Dictiona
#12  by: Umm..   

I don't think KD is that far off from top 10, but they have definitely not replaced ADPi in Core Four. Their most recent pledge class was not impressive while ADPi got some girls wanted by Big 6. Although I don't believe either will go up much further than their current spots.

By: Umm..
by: What?Sep 26, 2013 8:56:57 AM

KD got a much better PC than ADPi. KD's was pretty solid from what I've heard, and ADPi's was very random.

By: What?
by: What?Sep 26, 2013 9:04:33 AM

Also, there's no such thing as a core 4. No matter how many times you use it on this site it's not going to happen. No one will ever use it in real life, because aside from being a sad attempt to secure the next four spotsk, it was also invented on Greekrank..

By: What?
by: FetchSep 26, 2013 2:55:05 PM

Is not going to happen

By: Fetch
by: DuhJan 17, 2016 12:28:36 AM

ADPi got a a larger number of potential big 6 girls than KD did. ADPi has been getting a better pledge class year by year when KD has been slightly going down.

By: Duh
by: HahaSep 26, 2013 4:59:22 PM

It's not going to happen, and it hasn't. It was either a desperate attempt to basically make some fundamental separation between those four houses and KD, AXiD, and AEPhi, which honestly isn't that big, or an attempt to latch ADPi and Alpha Phi to houses like AXO and DG. Anyone who references it in real life will just out themselves as someone who uses Greekrank too much, and as we all know, Greekrank is something shameful that people do behind closed doors and pretend they've never heard of in real life.

By: Haha
#13  by: Well...   

saying it isn't going to happen hasn't stopped it. Plus, the Mean Girls reference has been done before regarding this very topic. Funny the first time, not so much after that.

By: Well...
#14  by: i   

think core4 and big six are things people don't talk about but everyone pretty much agrees on. Too bad it's not fab5 because KD really belongs in that mid tier group too

By: i
by: Haha noSep 26, 2013 6:59:30 PM

PKT and Big 6 actually get talked about in real life. Core 4 is a pure invention by this site that most people would be embarrassed to actually reference in real life. It's a lame attempt by someone in one of those houses to artificially secure their spot over other houses forever. It's an attempt to recreate everything they hate about the big 6.

By: Haha no
by: Haha noSep 26, 2013 7:02:30 PM

yeah definitely. That is, if your dog was invented and exclusively exists on a gossip website, then it's totally equivalent. If your dog is actually a real dog that people call Joe in real life, then not so much.

By: Haha no
#15  by: LOL!!   

YA! My dog's name is Joe. No matter how many times someone calls him that I guess it's just not going to happen. Someone has just got their little feelers hurt because they didn't get named Joe! LOL!

By: LOL!!
#16  by: ^^^^   

a web site today a magazine from yesterday. All written words from crazy ass women who need something better to do with their life. All a bunch of opinionated gossip!

By: ^^^^
#17  by: Agree with above   

So true. Been here 4 years and have never been in a conversation with my sorority friends (a lot of friends through the years in all sororities). about the above labels. We are all way to classy for that. One article 40 years ago and one website of today is far from being written in some history book. What happens in the past or even today is gone by tomorrow. Move forward and get over your hate. And I'm talking to both groups that creep on GR.

By: Agree with above
#18  by: Sorta Kinda   

embarrassing that any one would reference 40 years ago. Isn't that what museums are for? But even a museum wouldn't waste room on an entertainment magazine. And do people even buy magazines any more? Most is online just like this blog. Blogging is the new magazines of the past. Any article you read online has 5,000 comments that came along with it. 40 years no one had that opportunity to blog. They would of probably blogged the same comments because it was silly too. I hope the women of UT today are in control of their life and can make decisions beyond a new dress.

By: Sorta Kinda
#19  by: all   

of the sororities at UT are amazing because to get INTO UT you have to be amazing

By: all
by: not reallySep 27, 2013 3:50:59 PM

All you need to be is in the top 8% of your class and that doesn't guarantee being anything other than smart, not amazing.

By: not really
by: umSep 27, 2013 7:00:27 PM

yes...if you are in the top 8 percent of your class, can afford a sorority and got a bid, you're pretty amazing and part of an elite group of girls on campus that make up all 14 sororities

By: um
by: actuallySep 29, 2013 11:56:30 AM

top 8 only guarantees you were top grades in your school. If it's a school that isn't very competitive the GPA of the top 8% is a C average--not that great. It depends what high schools you attend.

By: actually
by: Oh Good Lord!Sep 29, 2013 6:49:59 PM

That is a terrible assumption. My graduating class from my small town high school had 57 people. I was number 2. I had a 105 average and a 4.0 dual credit gpa in 33 hours I had taken at our local 4 year university. Small town doesn't necessarily mean "filled with redneck idiots". I am not AMAZING. However, I am a good student and have never made a B, much less a C.

By: Oh Good Lord!
by: heyJan 20, 2016 10:43:06 PM

there is a minimum SAT/ACT score involved as well so it's not just top 7%....yes....getting into UT means you have super grades that mean something and great resumes and then having the $ and getting a bid in one of the chapters.....it means MUCH more than being in a sorority at, say, Baylor, Bama, Tech, etc.

By: hey
#20  by: Just Guessing   

"not really" must not of been bright enough to make it on the Smart, Amazing train. Maybe an ACC candidate!

By: Just Guessing
by: noSep 28, 2013 1:46:42 PM

Just know plenty of UT girls who aren't amazing.

By: no
by: MaybeSep 28, 2013 2:22:21 PM

you're one of them.

By: Maybe
by: @just guessingSep 29, 2013 11:59:08 AM

looks like you were a top 8% from a bad Texas public school--"must not of been" looks like a D in high school english class

By: @just guessing

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.