facebook

non-whites and top/upper tier fraternities

by: MK

Can non-whites realistically rush and be asked to join the upper/top tier frats at UT? Does SAE, FIJI, Sigep, Omicron, Kappa sig have minority brothers? Are there and have there been any black members of the above ut chapters? I'm guessing if there are its only 1 or 2 at the most. What prevents the top tier from being more colorblind? Will there be a day that skin color would no longer be a criteria for an invitation to membership?

Posted By: MK
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: I dunno   

Most of the ones aside from Fiji, SAE, Sig Ep,KSig and Omicron have or have had one or more black members in the recent past, and there are at least a few non-white guys in SAE, Fiji, etc.

By: I dunno
by: noOct 4, 2023 1:16:26 AM

There’s been no black kids in frats since 2018

By: no
#2  by: 3evo   

I think Sig Eps currently has a black active and they are top tier. This is a rarity though.

By: 3evo
by: ehDec 22, 2012 4:27:10 PM

there are no actual members that are black. however, they don't exclude them from coming to parties and hanging out

By: eh
by: Common sense Sep 24, 2023 4:51:19 AM

Compare the % of Non-white members with the % of non-whites who go through Fraternity rush. THAT is the reason you’re not seeing more non-white members.

You can’t offer bids to people who aren’t there

By: Common sense
#3  by: hello   

Really what's all the fuss about? Rich white people don't dominate the world anymore.

By: hello
#4  by: @ Tx "old money"   

Yes, but only property owners benefited from "black gold". Property owners were rich; they were plantation owners and most of the properties have remained in the same families and are still to this day getting rich from "black gold".

By: @ Tx "old money"
by: PlantationDec 1, 2012 11:34:27 PM

Owners really weren't so much a thing in Texas ever.

By: Plantation
#5  by: SO....   

the point is......oh, yeah this GreekRank.

By: SO....
by: really thoughDec 4, 2012 3:02:59 PM

^hahaha

By: really though
#6  by: You're   

best chance is Delt or Sigma Chi. They do not judge membership based on skin color. They have all of the same perks of being in a top tier fraternity without that feeling of entitlement or supremacy. Mostly upper middle class kids from suburban areas and first generation greeks.

By: You're
#7  by: Love   

I love me some Kappa Sigs.

By: Love
#8  by: Well   

I think It’ll take more than 20 years to change its demographics

By: Well
#9  by: ut   

a big part of the issue is that certain groups at UT just don’t want to break out of their boundaries and meet people who don't look like them. or worse, they want to be highly selective in meeting the people who don’t look like them in order to maintain exclusivity. This applies to both white guys and white girls.

By: ut

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.