facebook

greek life dead

by: Sad

Congratulations to the Harvard faculty and administration. You got your way. You have completely destroyed Greek Life at Harvard. Not a SINGLE sorority remains. Now you have complete control over the students lives and how they choose to associate, without national organizations interfering.

Time to just take Harvard off of Greek Rank. You have nothing left here.

Posted By: Sad
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Tyrone   

Yeet

By: Tyrone
#2  by: sad   

It's all about control. Clearly they fear women's organizations.

By: sad
#3  by: Sue them PERSONALLY   

It is proven that Greek Life has very positive impacts upon student and alumni lives. We know that, even though they don’t care. Let’s follow the age old practice. Follow the money. Sue the administrators who led this atrocity PERSONALLY for violating your civil rights, etc. But also sue them personally for financial loss. Maybe they will have a greater understanding when their future financial and professional lives are affected (peacefully) by the actions of others. I think every student and alum affected by this policy should file lawsuits against them personally and sue for damages. Every single person. sues every. single. administrator. National fraternities and sororities not only offer scholarships to undergraduates, but graduate and professional scholarships as well. My sorority (which does not have a chapter at Harvard) also provides scholarships for alumni returning to school as non-traditional students. Perhaps even more importantly, many provide financial assistance to students and alumni in financial distress. By denying the opportunity for students to affiliate with national organizations, they potentially threaten these students’ financial safety nets. Bad financial problems can and do happen in the future to good people. Maybe the administrators’ PERSONAL funds can help replace the current or future needs of the current members and the students who can now never be potential members (i.e. EVERY Harvard student). Maybe Harvard can chip in too.

This doesn’t even begin to assess financial responsibility for loss of networking which might provide potential jobs and income.

Get the alumni to help you campaign for termination of their employment. It may not work to get rid of the OLD tenured admins, but maybe for the younger ones. I savor a potential conversation- “What, you’ll just get a job at another university? Hmm..have you considered that probability that any university you’d love to “administer” (ruin) probably has Greek Life ? Maybe students and alums there will protest hiring you? Maybe the alum donations will decrease if they even think about hiring you. Maybe this discrimination will follow you.. and you won’t be able to get a job anywhere.

STAND STRONG my Harvard brothers and sisters ...and STAND UNITED. When they attack one of us (Harvard) they attack all of us (other campuses).

Oh, that reminds me - sororities at my school sponsor and participate in a self defense class every fall - “Girls Fight Back.” That are open to all women on campus. Of course this doesn’t include all of the women’s health issue education that different sororities provide their members - alcohol and substance abuse, positive self images (anti-eating disorders), and Happy Faces mental health depression education. Hmm. Maybe Harvard can be sued for denying women access to health resources. Just sayin.

STAND STRONG.

By: Sue them PERSONALLY
#4  by: Lol   

Finals clubs is the greek life here but its more exclusive than your typical college greek life

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.