facebook

unjust discrimination

by: listen

I hate my school:
can't post it but google "Harvard not allowing student leadership to be greek"

they have an agenda and are going to force it on us; hope they loose a bunch of talented people in their school leadership.

Posted By: listen
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honestly   

It's obvious that the university wants to get rid of Greek life once and for all.

I can honestly say that with the mindset I had as an underclassman I wouldn't have joined a sorority if I had to give up chances at school leadership positions. Actually...I still wouldn't. No offense but being in a sorority isn't the end all and be all of my existence like it is at some schools that have a huge greek life culture. And I love my organization, but I also know that I could've found friends and done similar things if I wasn't Greek at all if that makes sense. Harvard isn't a campus where you have to be Greek.

Sorry, it's sad to say but I think that Greek Life will take a hit from this.

By: Honestly
#2  by: Sadly   

It appears the women's groups are being sacrificed by the admin in an attempt to punish the male clubs. In reality the national sororities at Harvard represent and promote womens' leadership, confidence, and organizational opportunities. For many women who attended coed high schools, the chance to participate in a women's group in college allows them to develop skills that they suppressed before. Many studies show that women are cultured to defer to men in high school.

And what is Harvard doing? Eliminating the chance for women to refine and excel at leadership skills without the social pressure of male domination in all university arenas.

Stupid Harvard. Really stupid....

By: Sadly
by: AndJul 18, 2016 1:23:55 AM

Sad. Just sad.

By: And

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.