facebook

nervous about getting a bid

by: new

I'm a freshman and I've signed up for sorority rush this fall, and I'm really nervous about how it'll all go down. I know the whole process and whatnot, but I'm wondering how difficult it is to get a bid? I'm not a legacy and I don't have any real connections to sororities except a friend's older sister who knows me. I'm definitely fashion conscious and socially adept, but in high school I was never one of "those" girls who are the stereotypical sorority type, I'm a bit quieter/laid back. Can anyone give any tips or insight about how difficult it'll be to get a bid? I don't want to be part of that percent of girls left in the dust...

Posted By: new
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Relax   

It’s been said before, but I’m going to say it again—just be yourself and everything will fall into place. Seriously. Greek life here isn’t like SEC schools where you literally need to have a bunch of letters of recommendation or connections with alumnae and current sisters. I think that’s what makes it so cool here in Madison, anyway. Half the people I’ve talked to never even thought they would join a sorority, so they weren’t the “typical sorority girl” either. Perhaps in some people’s opinions, recruitment has gotten more intense here on the PNMs’ side of things, but don’t let that intimidate you. If you can make conversation with the girls, I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t get a bid. Just don’t stress about it and let things fall into place the way they should be. If you act like yourself, you’ll find your niche somewhere!

By: Relax
#2  by: my op   

Recruitment has gotten harder over the years cuz more girls rush.

This is gonna sound mean but the girls who dont end up with bids are the ones who didn't have friends in highschool and are rushing in an attempt to actually pay for a group of friends.

It pretty much comes down to this, if you are normal-you will recieve a bid

By: my op

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.