facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by: ~~

I'm a sophomore rushing. Will it be weird/a different experience than if I were to rush as a freshman? Do any houses tend to not want to take sophomores over freshman?

Posted By: ~~
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: rth   

frats or sororities?

By: rth
by: ~~Aug 16, 2014 11:00:51 AM

Sorority

By: ~~
by: erhmAug 16, 2014 12:17:28 PM

I'm a guy so obviously im more qualified to talk about rushing frats as a soph, but I had a buncha friends rush houses their sophomore year and they ended up in Kappa, Gphi, PiPhi, Aphi and Tridelt. Just going off that spread, I feel like it doesn't hurt you that much, especially cuz you probably know people going into it

By: erhm
by: AbcdAug 16, 2014 12:32:57 PM

What about frats?

By: Abcd
by: fdgdAug 16, 2014 1:34:50 PM

Uhm, it's a bit harder. Most of the good houses are looking for people who can make 4 year commitments to the fraternity. I know my fraternity is pretty selective and rather hesitant to take sophomores (1 person in the last 4 rush periods).

If you know people going into rush, it will make it considerably easier. I don't know of many sophomore pledges in any of the big 5 and i get the impression there are not many in fiji/ox either

By: fdgd
#2  by: Yea   

Depends on what you bring to the table. I got a bid from frats in the big five as a second semster sophomore sooo it's dependent on who you are

By: Yea
by: hiAug 17, 2014 9:39:59 AM

^mulhern

By: hi
#3  by: lol   

hahah theta chi

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.