facebook

mid tier

by: incoming student

What is the personality difference between Theta Chi, FIJI and the Lodge? I hear them mentioned together a lot on here, does that mean they are similar or what? What are your opinions on the 3 of them

Posted By: incoming student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 2cents   

I would say that FIJI and Theta Chi are more similarly ranked than the lodge, but each house attracts different guys as well as different girls who show up to their parties. One thing to note is that As Fiji and Theta Chi are still rising in the ranks, there is a bit of a discrepancy between the newest pledge classes and the oldest.

Fiji: Has a reputation for being "gentleman" like. Seems to attract a lot of guys who weren't the most popular in high school, but are utilizing college as a chance to remake their reputations and have a good time. This may come off as "try-hard" from time to time, but overall they are pretty good guys and seem to have a really solid brotherhood among pledge classes. They are well liked by girls, and their parties always have girls from almost all houses, especially Kappa (since they did humo together last year) and Alpha Phi. They are with Gamma Phi for humo this year, and I think that this move will only help improve their ranking.

Theta Chi: Very laid back, and seem to be catering to the "California-Bro" type. They all seem like really good guys, and are known for giving the most back as they really focus on the philanthropic aspect of greek life. They just built a new house which will most likely help them raise in the ranks. Did humo with DG, so the most recent pledge classes are pretty much great friends. Aside from that, they are known to hang out with AEPHI and Chi O, too.

The Lodge: I'm sure they're good guys, but to be honest they ar

By: 2cents
by: 2centsJul 13, 2014 1:48:29 PM

Continued:

are considered lower than Fiji and Theta Chi. Great at Humo. Have the best house in all of the Greek System, but unfortunately it is not utilized how it should. I've heard rumors that they will be having football tailgates, but I doubt it will do much to propel their reputation, as it will just attract the same groups they currently hang out with.

By: 2cents
by: .....Jul 13, 2014 3:17:22 PM

Fiji, Kappas weren't hanging out with you. I talked to one of your brothers who openly said he regretted doing Humo with them because they refused to hang out.

By: .....
by: JrjsbsJul 13, 2014 3:39:36 PM

Half False, of course there were some girls who thought they were too good for fiji, but there was also a group of kappas who come around all the time. But i feel like thats just how things are when you pair with a house thats "above" your social standing

By: Jrjsbs
#2  by: Let see    

I'd have to say all three attract the same guys and be in very similar positions. Like said before I think Fiji attracts more try hards that are nice guys, theta chi attracts more stoner "cali" kids while the lodge attracts more laid back kids who don't really care about rankings. But that's just a generalization ofcourse. All three would be good places to join as all three do well socially snd are in good positions.

By: Let see
by: YeaJul 14, 2014 4:02:21 PM

Well put

By: Yea
#3  by: Question    

So Fiji is with Gphi and the lodge is with kappa for humo. Right? Who is theta chi with ?

By: Question
by: tJul 13, 2014 5:41:35 PM

Alpha Phi. They were super pissed about losing and wanna win

By: t
by: hahahaJul 13, 2014 6:50:46 PM

Theta chi and dg didn't deserve to place. Aphi shoulda over fiji/kappa

By: hahaha
by: oopsJul 13, 2014 7:30:32 PM

I was referring to aphi being pissed

By: oops

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.