facebook

sophomore rush

by: whattup

A year of the geed life was enough for me and I'm strongly considering joining a frat this semester. Just wanted to know if rushing as a sophomore is generally looked down upon/lessens chances for a bid? Thoughts?

Posted By: whattup
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yurp   

I know a lot of people who rushed as sophomores, it can be both harder and easier. If you were friends with a lot of people in greek life your freshman year, it is a walk in the park to get bids at their fraternities (cuz they will speak in your favor). However, if you are going into it without knowing someone, it is harder to get a bid, I know for a fact that my fraternity only takes sophomores if they are really impressive in some regard

By: yurp
#2  by: well   

I rushed my sophomore year, overall, I think the better the fraternity (as far as tier), the harder it is to get a bid. Without a doubt rush will be a little harder. Top tier fraternities generally don't take many sophomores unless you're spectacular. Middle tier fraternities will end up taking more. Definitely rush, you'll get a bid from a fraternity that is a good fit for you.

By: well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.