facebook

friendships

by: Greeks and GDIs

Did you guys find that your friendships with non-greeks weakened after you joined a fraternity/sorority or did they remain the same? I'm excited to meet people through rushing/pledging but know that a lot of my friends won't be going greek and was wondering how things played out for you guys in that respect.

Posted By: Greeks and GDIs
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Depends   

Personally, it depended on how my friends viewed greek life before. If they were negative towards greek life, it was a little harder to sway them that it's not what they think it is. Things got better once they met the friends I made through greek life.

Also, it massively depends on if your personality and the way you act changes because of rushing. Some of my high school friends that joined sororities became super stuck up because of the sorority they joined and friends they made.

Overall, make an effort to be their friend and they won't care as much. Don't blow them off just because greek life will tend to take over all your free time sometimes.

By: Depends
by: Greeks and GDIJul 15, 2014 11:40:37 PM

Thanks so much! I'll keep what you said in mind for the fall

By: Greeks and GDI

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.