facebook

sorority rush

by: mt

So I am rushing this fall, but was wondering what the process is like here. I'm from the Midwest and really only know what the Midwest and southern recruitment process is like. Is it laid back or super competitive? Does everyone get a bid or only a hand full? How are out of state PNM's viewed??

Posted By: mt
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lol   

You realize madison is still in the Midwest right......

By: Lol
#2  by: Mt   

Yes I do, but I'm from Kansas which is closer to the south the recruitment is a lot
Like that from what I'm told.

By: Mt
#3  by: well   

It is very very competitive to get into one of the top houses, but not like the south. You aren't judged on your family's stock and your connections. You are pretty much straight up judged on your appearance and how the conversations go. Since there are about 1500 girls rushing and 180 spots in top houses, you have to be better than 1300 girls.

Past the top houses, if you are socially competent and look presentable, you will get a bid somewhere. However, not all girls get bids. I'd say that 85% of girls got bids last year, it will probably be a higher number next year since those who didn't get bids can go AZD.

There is no difference between out of state PNM's and not. To be honest, it might even be easier to get a bid out of state, cuz the predominance of kappa/gphi are chicago burbs and minnesota burbs respectively and a lot of those girls know eachother

By: well
by: MtJul 10, 2014 12:07:15 AM

So im guessing it's pretty difficult to get into the top houses like kappa and gphi? What about DG and AXO? Are they pretty accepting? Thanks so much by the way, that helped a lot!

By: Mt
by: imhoJul 10, 2014 12:19:22 AM

DG is just as hard to get into as kappa and gphi. A lot of girls I know in kappa/dg/gphi preffed either all 3 of them or any combination of two of them.

AXO, PiPhi and APhi are all generally pretty accepting of; I have a feelings Aphi is going to try to be more selective this coming year.

By: imho

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.