facebook

sorority rush clothes

by: wut2wear

I'm rushing in the fall but I'm not sure how each of the rounds of rush work as far as type of clothing. I am wondering which days are formal, business casual, casual, etc? And is there a rush shirt given out for first rounds to wear? ( i know some southern schools do that)

Posted By: wut2wear
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: girl   

Nope, no rush shirts. Rush is going to be a bit different this year since they're breaking it down into four days.

First two days will be 1st Rounds. 1st rounds is the most casual. Most girls will wear shorts (not athletic/nike/anything like that). Typically girls wear jean or j-crew ish shorts or whatever and a cute shirt. Wear a tank top or a light shirt, because you will sweat. As for shoes, i'd say flat summery sandals.

2nd Rounds: A bit fancier than the previous two days. Perfect day to wear your cutest sun-dress or skirt and shirt combo. Once again, flat sandals are fine, but some girls may choose to wear wedges on this day.

3rd: Pref. Pref is easily the most dressed up of recruitment. You should wear a nice looking dress and sandals/wedges/heels.

Bid day: Wear shorts/leggings and a tank, as you will be receiving a bid day shirt from whatever house you get your bid to!

Now one thing to keep in mind while picking outfits for this whole process, remember that you are dressing for GIRLS not GUYS. Do not wear low cut/revealing tops and dresses. Dress as if you were going to visit your grandmother. Trust me, it doesn't put you in the best light for rush and with soo many girls going through the system, you want to put your best self forward. Good luck!!

By: girl
by: yoJun 30, 2014 1:05:10 AM

the "not for guys but for girls" is so spot on, dress like you are trying to impress a boyfriends parent's

By: yo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.