facebook

importance of rankings

by: freshman

How important are frat ranks here? I have a lot of friends at Illinois and their top 3 frats/sororities are a big deal down there. I've read about the big 5 on here. Is that like Illinois royal frats? Or do ranks not matter that much? If I rush a different house that isn't talked about much here, will that be bad?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just trying to figure out the social impacts of joining differently ranked houses.

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: merp   

our greek life is not as big as U of I's.

With the royals, there are other good houses, pike-sae-acacia-etc. It's the same at UW. there are good houses that are just below the popularity of the big 5.

the big 5 are basically the top tier houses. They are popular and established and everything
BUT
our greek system is bigger than 5 houses.

other the big 5: fiji, theta chi, aepi, the lodge and sammy are very socially relevant and established--they might not throw down as hard but they are all well respected names on campus

But regardless, so long as you end up in one of those like 10 houses, you will have a damn good stellar college experience.

By: merp
by: TruJun 26, 2014 9:11:41 AM

This is perfect. So true

By: Tru

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.