facebook

should i be embarrassed to rush alpha phi?

by: Aphi

My mom was in it an really wants me to join but I have mixed opinions. Not to sound snotty, but should I be embarrassed if I'm in this sorority because of their reputation as try-hards?

Posted By: Aphi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: nah   

Coming from a guy, I wouldn't call it so much of a "tryhard." They don't walk around in super preppy clothes and hate on everyone else. I don't even think they are like actively trying social climb. They have just gotten better over the last few years and some of them let it go to their heads.

Most of them are actually pretty nice girls.

They are a stable middle tier house, which is much better than they were 4 years ago. There's some duds and some nice girls and most the people I know in it seem like they have a good time.

But regardless, you don't choose the sorority you join, they choose you. Go into rush with an open mind and no preconceived biases and you will end up somewhere you love

By: nah
by: hahaJun 23, 2014 3:22:53 PM

obviously not coming from a guy

By: haha
by: lolJun 23, 2014 4:22:52 PM

it didn't come from an aphi. and i think thats the point

By: lol
#2  by: Well   

1. You may not even get into Alpha Phi. Legacy-status might get your foot in the door, but it doesn't mean that you automatically get a bid.

2. You have to rush all the sororities, not just one. It's not like fraternity rush where you can pick and choose where you go. You may not even like Alpha Phi at all and fall in love with another sorority. Or you might find that you love Alpha Phi.

3. Alpha Phi is a respectable sorority, and getting more respectable each year. And you should never be embarrassed of being a member of ANY sorority on this campus--they are all outstanding organizations and fill their own unique niche in the Greek System.

By: Well
#3  by: sticky situation   

Their situation seems like a catch-22 to me--they're trying to improve their image, but the very fact that they're changing gives them "try-hard" status. So what's the actual deal/issue with them?

Also, to answer your question, take the first replier's advice and go into rush with an open mind. However I do know that the couple of girls who I know in aphi love it, just food for thought

By: sticky situation
#4  by: guy   

No. Much better house than when I came to scho and they were solid then.

By: guy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.