facebook

spring rush

by: wisconsintransfer

So I just transferred to wisconsin and I previously went to a catholic institution (therefore Greek life was not an option). Greek life is something I want to pursue at madison so does anyone know what houses are doing spring rush?

Posted By: wisconsintransfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Answer To Your ?   

Most, if not all, fraternities participate in spring rush. In terms of sororities, I can't help you on that front. It's very sporadic for them; the ones who participate in spring rush are those who did poorly in fall rush, meaning they didn't get enough girls to start with or lost new members during the pledge process due to poor sisterhood. Be cautious when spring rushing a sorority.

By: Answer To Your ?
by: ActuallyJan 11, 2013 1:30:56 PM

Poor sisterhood and poor recruitment aren't always the reasons for a sorority doing spring rush. Sometimes seniors graduate in December, so the sorority has spots to fill. Or, occasionally seniors take early alum status because they don't want to participate/pay during their last college semester. Or, if there were drops from a pledge class, often it has to do with greek life as a whole, and not the sorority in particular. Ignore what that guy said about being cautious when spring rushing. That said, I'm not sure who will be spring rushing. That will probably be decided in the next 2 weeks or so.

By: Actually
#2  by: wisconsintransfer   

how can I find out which sororities are participating in spring rush?

By: wisconsintransfer

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.