facebook

2023 Greek Life Description (Sororities in comments)

by: dillpicks

Disclaimer: This is not meant to offend, but to give the general public a sense of what each organization in LHU Greek Life is all about. I will refrain from names, specifics in issues/drama or any other deeply derogatory comments. Positives are where each FS shines/has a good standing point on. Negatives will either be issues that can hurt the organization or hinder them, I will leave small notes on some descriptions if I personally see a way of improving. I am not all too knowledgeable about all of them, but I will do my best to describe them the best way I can, my resources are limited. The order in which I write these have no meaning. Thank you.

Fraternities

Alpha Chi Rho (Crow) Positives: As always, a solid group of guys who like to have fun & party but still get stuff done. Their brotherhood is close and they all seem to get along well with each other regardless of their background. On average they throw almost every/every other weekend whether its a themed party or no theme, its usually a good time. They stay very social on campus as always. Stay consistent boys!

Alpha Chi Rho (Crow) Negatives: Starting off, (this can be a negative or a positive based on how you take it) they're probably the frattiest frat on campus (you can take that however you want too as well). From time to time there will be some amount of drama spurring from a few of the brothers, but nothing to threaten them as a whole. Otherwise nothing much else, some of the brothers who were originally causing problems are now graduated.

Kappa Delta Rho (KDR) Positives: Pretty well rounded group of guys, most diverse fraternity on campus with Crow just behind them. They have a mix of personalities with some being very social on campus while others tend to stay to themselves. Their parties are somewhat making a comeback from earlier years thanks to the usage of the TriSig house, much like crow they have a mix or either themed or no theme parties.

Kappa Delta Rho (KDR) Negatives: Some of the brother tend to cause drama and that comes with being in fraternity obviously, but some step over the line more than they need too. Not calling out names, but one of their sweethearts tend to hinder the fraternities reputation as her decisions reflect on them.

Phi Mu Delta (PMD) Positives: Definitely not the biggest fraternity on campus with their brother count being pretty low, but they have a reputation for being the smartest frat on campus!

Phi Mu Delta (PMD) Negatives: Back tracking, is their low amount of brothers, they really do need to find a more aggressive way of recruiting or they will be on their way out. Otherwise little to no drama comes from them. Not the most social guys, if you manage to find a PMD brother. Hopefully they can make a resurgence, if they do...

Alpha Sigma Phi (Sig) Positives: Good group of guys who are going out of their way to sustain their presence on campus. Same as KDR and crow, they throw good parties with a variety of themes, having a no theme simply is not an option for them. Very social, always want to have a good time.

Alpha Sigma Phi (Sig) Negatives: Unfortunately, they're not IFC recognized, so they cannot have events on campus. Obviously their is drama but that comes with frat guys. Hopefully they can make a comeback and get back to being recognized by Lock Haven.

Posted By: dillpicks
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: dillpicks   

Sororities

Alpah Sigma Tau (AST) Positives: They work hard to keep their reputation as the biggest and best sorority on campus. The sisters are very social amongst the frats always finding ways to do events. The girls keep up on attracting new members and always manage to keep up with academics. They're on a good path of staying at the top of their game.

Alpha Sigma Tau (AST) Negatives: Some of the sisters can come off as being a little cliquey but not in an bad way. Their sisterhood is a staple, but they tend to have a lot of internal drama over external, but nothing to compromise them.

Sigma Sigma Sigma (TriSig) Positives: Decently diverse social group of girls. Despite their recent downsize, they still manage to create plenty of social events with frats and other sororities. Their house has to be one of the top 5 places to party on campus, its always a good time there. Academically they’re probably the second smartest sorority on campus right behind AST, though that sounds negative, they’re not far off from each other.

Sigma Sigma Sigma (TriSig) Negatives: Recently had quite a few alumni leave and sisters drop. Drama is present, but not a high amount, their relations with some outside sources tend to be their reason for any sort of drama for that matter. Otherwise nothing too much else, hopefully they can bounce back with some more recruitment.

Sigma Kappa (SigKap) Positives: Despite TriSig and AST being the center of attention in recent years, they’ve managed to make a decent comeback! SigKap is a pretty stable sorority with a decent academic standing. The girls work hard on being as social as they can and seemingly have a good sisterhood.

Sigma Kappa (SigKap) Negatives: They can definitely work a little harder to be more attractive (not with looks, as a chapter) to those who are looking to join a sorority now that they’ve gained back some power in numbers. Drama is at a minimum, but obviously it’s a sorority, you’re going to have drama. More power to them and hopefully its all uphill from here.

Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA) Positives: Like SigKap, they’ve recently had a good run in recruitment and have regained some relevance. They’re a pretty smart groups of girls and are looking forward to rebuilding their reputation on campus, as long as they put fourth the effort.

Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA) Negatives: My knowledge about ZTA is pretty scarce unfortunately, so not much can be said in this part of the description. What I can say is that they’ve become fairly lazy, they need to work a little harder of sustaining themselves. However if that stay on the path they’re on right now they can make a full recovery, otherwise they can easily be on their way out with PMD. Stay optimistic girls.

By: dillpicks

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.