facebook

fraternity life

by: LILY-PHI

Besides DX, Pikes and Theta Xi aren't there anymore fraternities at MSU? I thought Alpha Sigma Phi, Sigma Pi, Tau Delta Phi and 2 local fraternities are present on campus? Why are they not listed? I also heard that there are 2 more NIC orgs. that maybe interested in starting at MSU. One was Kappa Sigma and I can't remember the other fraternity. Anyway, there needs to be more fraternities and even 2 more NPC orgs are MSU to make it very competitive. As of right now, it is only average.

Posted By: LILY-PHI
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GREEK LIFE   

we may not have very many IFC or NPC orgs, but we DO have a large amount of divine 9 and local orgs. also we do have sigma pi, tau delta phi, and alpha sigma phi. learn your facts. our Greek life is amazing.

By: GREEK LIFE
by: LILY-PHIFeb 2, 2013 8:40:25 PM

If you read my original comment, I mentioned Alpha Sigma Phi, Sigma Pi and Tau Delta Phi. I was questioning why these group are not listed on this website. I got my facts right, you need to READ the comments clearly. And one more note...Greek Life @ MSU is just OK basically on the same level as WPU, Ramapo and TCNJ. But it is NO Rutgers, Penn State or Delaware.

By: LILY-PHI
by: OH NOSep 8, 2013 11:59:52 AM

Your Greek Life @ MSU cannot be that great if you have several Greeks that are inactive, according to your website. I see a major revamping of the whole Greek system.

By: OH NO
by: noJun 16, 2014 6:52:21 PM

greek life at msu is a joke. amazing greek life pretty much only happens in the midwest and down south, and that is legitimately non arguable. Very rarely will you have a good greek system up north (so don't try and list schools as some sort of counter argument, bc outside Penn State and Delaware and Lehigh greek life is a joke in the northeast). Not only that but msu frats and sororitys don't have houses, and if they do then they're a normal looking house which probably doesn't have letters as opposed to the classic red brick white column mansion that a real fraternity would have. If greek life wants to become good here then there needs to be (considerably) more frats and sororitys associated with the school via IFC or NPC and traditional greek housing. Without that then it is nothing to brag about.

By: no
by: OKJul 2, 2014 10:58:25 PM

Here is a breakdown of the Greek life in NJ.....

Top: Rutgers-New Brunswick

Lower Top: Stevens, NJIT

Middle: Ramapo, TCNJ, Rowan

Lower Middle: William Paterson, Monmouth, Montclair State

Bottom: Rider, Seton Hall, FDU-Madison, Richard Stockton

Bottom of the barrel: FDU-Teaneck, Princeton, Kean, NJ City University, Rutgers-Newark, Rutgers-Camden

This should give you a clear understanding of how other NJ Greek Life is in comparison to each other.

By: OK
by: GmenJul 4, 2014 3:30:38 PM

I would say that this ranking is accurate.

By: Gmen
#2  by: sorororor   

lily-phi, we may not have million dollar mansion houses, but basically unless you are in a GLO at msu, you are no one. greek life runs this school. there are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many orgs here, way more than wpu or tcnj or rutgers combined.

By: sorororor
#3  by: LILY-PHI   

Rutgers has WAY MORE GREEKS than MSU. I suggest you visit the school.

By: LILY-PHI
#4  by: GREEK LADY   

I heard that Zeta Beta Tau (ZBT) has been interested in colonizing at MSU. Don't know if they submitted any letter of interest to the SGA yet.

By: GREEK LADY
#5  by: motor142   

anyone trying to expand to MSU should email greekcouncilppt@gmail.com to get started. MSU currently has 35 active organizations on campus with one organization being in their colonization period. So 36 Greek lettered orgs on campus. We have a cap of 45 orgs allowed on campus. As a whole MSU has a very strong NPHC and UGC sub houses. We have 7 of the divine 9 and our UGC sub house(primarily composed of latino/latina orgs) is our largest sub house.

By: motor142

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.