facebook

ross is a garbage marketing school

by: eh

Why does every frat douche think they're the next Mark Cuban if they get in?

If you weren't a preferred admit you're never going to compete with the guys that were. The PAs are Ivy caliber and will exclusively compete for the most prestigious internships and full time offers. Less than a dozen grads each year get a really elite gig. The analyst positions are rarely bulge bracket investment banking, the vast majority of grads are in non-prestige marketing positions or go into sales. And non MBB consulting where they're an excel monkey for two years in podunk towns they have to fly to Monday-Thursday.

Posted By: eh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nice   

Take your whining to somewhere else. GR doesn't care

By: Nice
#2  by: Mad?   

Mad you got denied?

By: Mad?
by: NegativeAug 6, 2014 1:53:07 PM

ChemE >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ross idiot bro

By: Negative
#3  by: OP is mad   

sorry you didn't get into Ross bro.

By: OP is mad
#4  by: well   

I know people who weren't preferred admits and got really good jobs. A few Fortune 500 companies even paid to fly a couple out to NYC for interviews and later offered jobs. It doesn't matter if you're preferred admit or not, as long as you know how to network. You don't even have to be in Ross to get those jobs. One of my good friends was a poli sci major in lsa and got a job in investment banking straight out of college because of the Umich name. Go blue.

By: well
by: wellAug 6, 2014 8:16:13 PM

But aside from that, GreekRank isn't the place for this discussion.

By: well
by: uhAug 7, 2014 12:02:08 PM

@right That's definitely not true. My uncle literally works for Bain and they mostly look at experience and connections. If you're in LSA, but had an internship at Morgan Stanley or some place similar, you're fine. Also, leadership positions are huge and making sure your GPA is above 3.6. I'm doing there next summer and my uncle had a huge role in making that happen. Connections>PA Ross

By: uh
by: ?Aug 7, 2014 1:57:58 PM

You're connected and you're giving advice that you think applies to everyone? Um

By: ?
#5  by: Ross   

All Ross teaches you is how to create smooth PowerPoints. Outside of the top 10%, the rest are douches with an inflated sense of intelligence. The smartest kids on campus are CoE and biochem wizards.

By: Ross
#6  by: Ross   

Ross trains people to work for someone else. Middle management.

By: Ross

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.