facebook

would u recommend joining a sorority??

by: hi

I just committed to umich and I was wondering if you guys think that it is worth it to join a sorority (if you could go back in time, would you still choose to go greek?)

Posted By: hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honestly no   

I do love it but if is toxic if u can Make friends not in a sorority do it plus girls can get into any parties

By: Honestly no
#2  by: I agree   

There’s serious issues within greeklife with racism yet people only talk about kappa. Zeta, dg, axo and phi have a huge issue with it watch how many down votes this will get because it proves this is right. It’s a ton of fake relationship and people just care more about hu and parties. Umich greeklife actually sucks with the pgp stuff.

By: I agree
#3  by: Fraternity member   

Yeah I'm gonna be honest. I'm in a fraternity, and it seems like greek life is far more rewarding for guys than it is for girls. I hear of so many catty stories of what happens at the srats we mix with, and to be honest, some girls get sick of it after a while.

If you are already considering greek life this early, then it may be the thing for you. Rushing + being a fraternity is a lot more different for a guy, but I did it last minute, and I still love it. Generally, girls who are more "iffy" on it tend to drop it more often. If you are dead-set, then rush.

TBH greek life is worse in the brotherhood/sisterhood aspect for sororities than it is for fraternities, but it is a lot easier to make friends in other greek orgs when you are a girl, compared to when you are a guy.

I say, rush, and see how you like the srats. It does not hurt to rush, but idk if panhel makes you pay to rush; ifc didn't make us pay. Rush can be degrading + rough for many girls... IDK a single girl that actually enjoyed rush.

Rush, and see how you like it. Worse comes to worse, you drop.

By: Fraternity member
#4  by: :)))   

I have met my future bridesmaids through my sorority, can’t recommend it enough

By: :)))
by: ?Apr 26, 2021 12:00:28 PM

Really? I thought that was something people just say?

By: ?
#5  by: Nooo   

No just no

By: Nooo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.