facebook

rushing junior fall '14

by: belle

hi, I'm interested in rushing as a junior but i'm not sure what sororities accept pledges that old and if it's a bad idea. Also, I wouldn't be able to live in the house, so would that ultimately disqualify me?
thx!

Posted By: belle
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yeah   

bad idea

By: yeah
#2  by: hi    

there is a new sorority coming to campus next year that will be looking for members of all different years. not sure if they will have a house/if living in would be required for you. it might be worth looking into.

By: hi
by: michDec 2, 2013 11:40:52 AM

Yeah, the person above me is right. With g phi coming onto campus next year they might be interested in an upperclassman. I know they aren't doing formal rush, so g phi is probably your best bet. You're not going to get a bid as a junior from any house except maybe AGD (and that's not even guaranteed) - since aephi won't be here next year. Look into gamma phi beta if you're really interested.

By: mich
#3  by: also interested   

is it in the rules that they don't give a bid, or is it just because sororities want you for longer than 2 years?

By: also interested
#4  by: Pera   

Sororities all have their own ranking system that can include age and school year and unless every single girl who rushes you is absolutely in love with you, it's much harder to get into a sorority. It's not in the rules per se, more like an unspoken one. They want both the financial commitment of a girl to be in the organization for four years and also the lease to live in the house besides everything that makes them perfect for the sorority. It's not impossible to get into a house as a junior, it has been done, but not living in the house will hurt your chances. Still I would say to go for it - you may get in, and you my want to live in the house.

By: Pera

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.