facebook

dtd vs du

by: umich2017

i am thinking about rushing some mid tier frats. i heard both DTD and DU have gotten better but are still middle tier at best. Have any of them had pregame partners recently? Who do they mix with? Who has a nicer house? Anyone know if their pledge classes have been improving over the last few semesters? Thanks

Posted By: umich2017
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Delta   

DTD pregamed with AGD last year, which is the hottest sorority on campus so that should tell you how far they've come

By: Delta
#2  by: umgreek   

did and du both have improving pc's and both mix with the same middle tier sororities: (adpi, dg, dphie, pi phi, zeta) they both have really nice houses and du's is brand new. dtd does not mix with agd anymore.

By: umgreek
by: ?Aug 18, 2013 8:07:24 PM

I thought they pregamed with DTD last year...

By: ?
#3  by: idk   

they're basically the same thing

By: idk
#4  by: sororityTruth   

DTD and DU are both middle tier both on the border of the top 12 fraternities. They both have some pretty cool guys and both have really nice houses (DTD's house is physically bigger). DU has never had a pregamed partner. DTD was with AGD last year but this fall decided to cut off all ties with AGD even though AGD wanted to mix with DTD still. They both mix with the same sororities (ADpi, Pi phi, DPHIE) but DU mixes more with ZTA and DTD mixers more with DG and Chi O. DU tried to get ZTA to pregame with them (didn't work out but have good relations), DTD mixed a lot with ADpi this year and was thinking about asking for pregame partners but thought it would be better to create even better relations. In general, both pc's have had great improvement, and both frats have had a great deal of improvement in a few years (DU was an unknown name 2 years ago and DTD got back on campus 3 years ago after getting kicked off for 8 years. Even though they pregamed with AGD, getting a pregame Partner after being on campus for two years is quite impressive I guess). They should both continue to have solid pledge classes and I would guess they will both have middle tier sororities to pregame with next year. I personally like our DTD mixers more because I'm friend with a lot of the guys and they do know how to have a great time, but in terms of rep they are basically the same. Rush both if you're interested and make a decision based on where you feel more comfortable

By: sororityTruth
by: YesAug 19, 2013 6:46:34 PM

^This is basically spot-on

By: Yes
#5  by: wow   

haha that is actually legit^^

By: wow
#6  by: 12?   

What are the top 12 fraternities?

By: 12?
#7  by: sororityTruth   

Personally I think these are the tier (best top to bottom, left to right). It is important to remember that the top 5 are easier to "rank" but the middle tiers are constantly shifting and a lot of them really have the same rep in terms of sorority relations, partying, and brotherhood. This is just an opinion but I think for the most part this would be agreed with

Sae/Phi psi/Theta chi
Pike/Fiji
AEPi/ZBT/Sig/Sammy
Chi Phi/Chi Psi
Psi U (maybe even lower after all their problems from last year
Sig ep/DKE
DTD/PhiDelt/PiKapp/DU
Shady/DChi
Kappa Sig/Lambda Chi
Triangle......

by: GoodAug 20, 2013 9:58:24 AM

This is pretty much correct but id put DTD slightly lower after pikapps

By: Good
#8  by: sororityTruth   

Yea you may be right. I think those middle tier ones can all be interchanged. Most of them mix with the same sororities and have no pregame partners. The only reason I had DTD higher was because at least they had a pregame partner last year (even though it was AGD) and they have a huge house and a lot of open parties. I do know that Pi Kapps has a very good relation with ZTA. My prediction is that Pi Kapps will land ZTA for pregames if they try really hard this year during their mixers and DTD will get ADpi or DPhie depending on who they want to pursue. I also know that DTD bought SigEps old main house on state and hill so they will be pregaming there I would but phi Delt above PIkapps and DTD now that I think about it (they had a solid pledge class, and sororities like them quite a bit) but would but DTD above pi kapps based on past sorority relations and potential in the future. I also forgot to add SigChi which I think would be above DTD and tied with PhiDelt.

Rearranged middle tiers in my opinion: phi Delt /SigChi / DTD /Pi Kapps / DU

Let me know what you think!

by: @sororityAug 20, 2013 1:59:15 PM

I agree for the most part. If DTD has really solid pregames this year, they could probably get a pregame partner for 2014, probably either ADPi or Pi Phi. They actually mix with DG a lot too, but I doubt DG would ever break off from Sig Ep. Also I would personally switch Pikapps and DTD- Even though DPHIE and ZTA turned down pikapps for pregaming, they still have really good relations and overall pikapps has a more prestigious rep in greek life compared to dtd. For me it'd go Phidelt/Sigma Chi, then Pikapps/DTD, then DU

By: @sorority
#9  by: Lolol   

Looooook

By: Lolol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.