facebook

should i drop?

by: kk

I joined a sorority that I wasn't sure of and now I'm wondering if I should drop before initiation. If I drop, is it possible for me to rerush and hopefully get into a house that I want and is it common for people to drop and rerush the next year? Thanks

Posted By: kk
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

Yes you should drop agd

By: Yes
by: noNov 10, 2017 9:53:39 PM

its not agd it's a little higher than that

By: no
#2  by: Advice   

Yes, you should drop whats making you unhappy so you can move on to something that actually does make you happy

By: Advice
#3  by: Honest   

You can certainly drop and try to rush but I’ll be honest your chances of getting another sorority are slim. They will know that you dropped out of another house even if you did it before pledging and it won’t look good. Definitely not trying to be mean, just honest.

By: Honest
by: I disagreeNov 11, 2017 8:10:07 AM

You can definitely rush again - if it’s about tiers they’ll see through you. But if it’s about sisterhood and the fit then go for it!

By: I disagree
#4  by: nope   

Think long and hard about dropping. Houses that dropped you before will most likely drop you again unless you have developed solid friendships in the house. I find it hard to believe that its not possible to find a friend group in a house of over 100 people? Not sure why you think other houses would be that different? The grass is always greener but houses here are more similar than you might want to believe.

By: nope
#5  by: oh please   

Drop. By All Means. The Sorority Fairies will look kindly upon you, wave their magical Rainbow Wands and excuse you from having to endure any home you would ever be unhappy in. Heaven forbid the sorority home that WANTED you made a grave error in judgement by bidding you. For Shame! Bad Sorority!

Therefore you just Keep It Cool, Special Little Snowflake, the super-swell Sorority Fairies are here for YOU!

By: oh please
#6  by: honest   

If you really don't see yourself ever being happy in that house, but honestly rushing next year will probably turn out poorly. I know two girls who dropped before initiation to try to rush again and both ended up without a sorority. Honestly a lot of people don't love their first semester in Greek life, I know I didn't. I would encourage you to stick it out, go to more events, get to know more people and live in the house. I know that made a huge difference for me

By: honest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.