facebook

legacies

by: FRESH

how much do legacies factor into sorority recruitment?

Posted By: FRESH
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Personally   

I was a legacy at kappa and didn't like them, had nothing in common with them, and wasn't particularly warm to anyone, but got asked back every day. I was preffed there but luckily ended up in the sorority I actually wanted (which in fairness is technically a lower tier sorority, but I never cared about that stuff). I didn't even put my kappa legacy down on my recruitment form actually but mentioned it during my conversation cause she asked me about my family in Greek life. So I'm guessing legacy at kappa is like a pretty huge deal.

By: Personally
#2  by: Meh   

Every sorority is notified of legacies going through rush, so we know who you are and keep an eye out for you. Nationals love to keep legacies around; if a girl is a good fit for the house and she's a legacy it's super beneficial. There have been cases where nationals plays a pretty firm hand in giving bids to legacies. That being said, if you're not a good fit and the house thinks you would be happier else where they let you go. If it's apparent that you won't like it in that house, they try to let you go pretty early on. If your a legacy and you end up at pref for that house, you'll most likely get a bid unless you pref another house over them.

By: Meh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.