facebook

sorority honest descriptions

by: newfrosh

hi! i am a new freshman coming to tulane in the fall! i really want to join a sorority, but i've heard a lot of mixed reviews about each sorority. can you guys provide me with honest descriptions of EACH sorority? not "tiers" based on hotness, but what they are actually like. thanks!

Posted By: newfrosh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: @honesty!   

^^truest review I've heard

By: @honesty!
#2  by: beinghonest   

Middle: Theta/ SDT

Theta: Theta is a solid middle tier sorority. Very nice girls, very smart girls. However, not known for being pretty or being partiers. If you're interested in being in a big party sorority, do not join Theta. However, if you are interested in joining a sorority with a strong sisterhood, join Theta. Really nice, genuine girls. The only bad thing you could really say about Theta is that they're kind of boring. The pledge class this year was kind of weird: a mix of people who belonged in Theta and a mix of people who wanted Kappa but got dropped. Very involved on campus.

SDT: SDT had a really bad rep before this year. Known as weird girls who got dropped from Aephi or all other sororities. SDT likes to have fun, and is not particularly hot. This year SDT got a pledge class which will probably bring them somewhat up. Involved on campus.

Phi Mu: Weird, preppy girls. Think Lilly Pulitzer. Involved on campus.

ADPI: Weird girls who had no idea how to make a sorority. New on campus. Mostly RA's.

By: beinghonest
by: actual truthAug 12, 2014 6:35:16 PM

i agree that this was obviously written by a kappa but other than that its pretty accurate

By: actual truth
#3  by: @beinghonest   

100% written by a kappa. probably kappa president Julia Shrekengast. nice try.

By: @beinghonest
by: Sr '14Aug 11, 2014 11:19:22 PM

Proably. KKG isn't a top house. The past 3 yrs they tanked.

By: Sr '14
by: actual truthAug 12, 2014 6:32:59 PM

anyone who thinks kappa isnt top is probably a theta. they might have sucked recently but they still manage to be better than most of the sororities. and this is coming from someone who kinda hates kappas

#4  by: @@beinghonest   

I agree with you- anyone who thinks kkg is a top sorority at Tulane clearly is a kappa. SDT & Theta passed them up and Phi Mu is poised to.
But let's be straight about "tiers" in TU sororities. With the addition of ADPi there are eight Panhels. Do the math on what tiers really means. ADPi's first class got some great girls several of the other houses would have been glad to get. Every house has gorgeous girls, and every house has some less attractive ladies. All frats respect all every sorority. If you don't grasp that, go back to high school.

By: @@beinghonest
by: Really???Jun 1, 2014 3:45:53 AM

Wait, you actually think kappa was passed up by theta and SDT?? You can't be serious...

By: Really???
by: ru seriousJun 1, 2014 11:58:45 AM

Whoever wrote that was clearly a sdt, theta, or phi mu. SDT is bottom middle tier at best, theta is middle tier, and phi mu is bottom tier. say what you want about kappa, but you're lying if you say they're not top tier.

By: ru serious
by: actual truthAug 12, 2014 6:39:15 PM

^pretty close but a little outdated. after this last year chi o definitely moved up to top tier, aephi is top middle, and theta dropped down to bottom middle. some people might even say that sdt is on par with theta now but thats up for discussion

by: yaAug 12, 2014 6:40:19 PM

agree with above comment. chi o got a lot of girls that are more similar to kappa and pi phi this past year. i know a lot of new friend groups that are made up of a mix of chi os, kappas, and pi phis and this didnt really happen in the past

By: ya
#5  by: :)   

honestly, i think some of the harsh reviews should be filtered out.
In my opinion:
Kappas are very pretty and know how to have fun
Pi Phis are the stereotypical perfect sorority girls
Chi Os are good girls and pretty fun
Thetas are boring but sweet
AEPhis are very jappy and are so much fun
Phi Mus are nice and fun
ADPis are involved on campus and hang out a lot together
SDT are jappy and seem to have a good sisterhood

By: :)
by: .Jun 21, 2014 10:29:07 PM

Pi phis are literally the exact opposite of a stereotypical sorority girl...chi o is more stereotypical except some of them are nicer than the stereotype. Some kappas could be the stereotypical sorority girl but definitely not Pi phi. A lot of Pi phis probably would have been cut from top houses at state schools on the first day of rush

By: .
by: ...Jul 10, 2014 6:38:32 PM

yeah..Chi O's are your typical Southern, pearl-wearing, beautiful and sweet sorority girls. Pi Phis are more like super hot, carefree Cali surfer babes...from the North East

By: ...
#6  by: @.   

Written by a chi o, obviously.

By: @.
#7  by: here we go   

chi o - pretty, smart, friendly, nice, Southern (big 3)
kappa - beautiful, smart, fun, promiscuous, self-centered (big 3)
pi phi - hot, fun, carefree, relaxed, easy
aephi - jappy partiers, intelligent, witty, social, fun
theta - pretty, academic, nice, involved, put-together
phi mu - pretty, friendly, social, kind, fun
sdt - chill, relaxed, stoner tomboys
adpi - new eclectic bunch

By: here we go
#8  by: jappa brunettes   

to the person who said pi phis are blonde.....do you even go to tulane??

By: jappa brunettes
#9  by: ya   

pretty sure the same person wrote all of the most recent posts. the more accurate reviews are at the very beginning of this post. basically its like this:

Pi Phi and Aephi are very similar but Pi phi is hotter and top tier while aephi is a little jappier and upper middle tier. both hang out with sae/sig ep/aepi
Kappa and Chi o are very similar except kappas are more fun and chi os are smarter and a little nicer. the chi o southern rep has kinda faded out to a point. Both are top tier now even if some people dont like them. kappas hang out with sae/sig ep/ka and chi os hang with ka/fiji/sae/kappa sig
Thetas are kinda pretty, very smart and involved, dont really go out as much as top tier houses do, and are extremely try hard to a point where they will turn other sororities in for drinking. no other house does this and it has made theta drop from upper middle to lower middle tier. hang out with fiji/zeta psi
Sdt is similar to theta but they are much less try hard. they are smart, nice girls who probably got cut from aephi. usually considered bottom tier but their last pledge class might put them on par with theta in lower middle tier. thats debatable though. hang out with zeta psi/sigma chi
phi mus are pretty weird but nice. they are smart and some are stoners. bottom tier. hang out with sigma chis
adpi is the newest sorority at tulane. theyre weird but i have to give them credit for trying. they had a philanthropy event and got a good amount of girls in their 1st pledge class

By: ya

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.