facebook

next year rushing

by: New Freshmen

Hi guys! Next year I will be a freshmen at Tulane and had a few questions about the sororities. I am from New Orleans already so I'm pretty familiar with the sororities on campus. I just was wondering how hard it is to get a bid? I really enjoy service and the idea of sisterhood (and enjoy partying). I was also wondering if yall have any tips of the rush process (what to or what not to wear/say) Thanks!

Posted By: New Freshmen
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: whambamthankyouma'am   

No one is guaranteed a bid. How hard it is to get a bid depends on the sorority you want. Generally, the further you move down the tier, the easier it is to get a bid. But every house can and will cut (ADPi will be able to cut the fewest because they're new so their release figure is lower). That being said - the rush process works, and girls get bids to houses that fit them.

I can't speak for service (all the houses have strong philanthropy projects they throw every year, from Phi Mu's dance marathon to Pi Phi's volleyball tourney) but the houses considered to have the strongest sisterhood are Phi Mu, Theta, and Chi O - Kappa & AEPhi also have strong sisterhoods if you're their type.

By: whambamthankyouma'am
#2  by: dude   

girl rush is so intense and formal - frats have it so much better

By: dude
#3  by: ps   

this is the post I was talking about - great tips for a successful recruitment!

By: ps

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.