facebook

reality check on sororities

by: TBH

Some of you have big decisions to make. You will be selecting your close friends for the next three years. Select wisely. Choose those who like you the way you are, knowing that you will grow and become even better in the next three years. Sisters who make you feel safe and accepted. Sisters who will support you and inspire you to a better self. Select that sorority that shows you how beautiful you are and will be the wind beneath your wings! :-)

Posted By: TBH
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Pnm   

Its better to withdraw if we dont feel like we'd fit in the houses we get rather than to just accept a bid right?

By: Pnm
#2  by: FALSE   

DO NOT do that. accept your bid and try it for six weeks. The system works itself out. Many girls go to chapters they didn't "click" with and now love them. Re-rushing just means you're older with higher expectations and a slightly lower chance of callback with no guarantee you'll do "better" or get sororities you'll click with better. Just try for six weeks. You've come this far. It's not that big a deal.

By: FALSE
by: TBHFeb 6, 2016 4:09:18 PM

The above comment is absolutely correct.

By: TBH
by: pnmFeb 6, 2016 5:28:33 PM

but also, i heard if you accept your bid and then decide to drop it later, you can't join another sorority, so that's another thing I was considering?

By: pnm
by: pnmFeb 6, 2016 5:48:08 PM

would i have to pay new member fees if i tried it out for six weeks?

#3  by: pnm   

Damn, i wish i'd have seen this earlier... I withdrew. I know how everyone says the system will work itself out, but the houses I clicked with cut me because of my gpa. So I thought if i work harder this semester, improve my gpa, and re-rush, it'd be better than just sticking with a sorority i originally dropped the first round. Thoughts?

by: SorryFeb 6, 2016 5:29:15 PM

It's a lot harder rushing as a sophomore

By: Sorry
by: pnmFeb 6, 2016 5:31:57 PM

But isn't it still better to rush again rather than to just simply accept a bid from a house you're not 100% happy about/don't think you'll fit in?

#4  by: Well   

It's not a lot harder, just a little and improving your GPA in your case is a good idea, you jus might have different houses ask you back. But there is a separate quota for sophomores. And the way re-rushing works--as long as you drop BEFORE initiation you can rush again the following formal (has to be a year). After initiation you're stuck, which is why you have 6 weeks.

By: Well
by: pnmFeb 6, 2016 5:42:30 PM

But i wouldn't be able to fall rush then right? And is fall rush a lot less stressful?

#5  by: True    

You wouldn't be able to fall rush and it is less stressful. And yes you would have to pay new member fees.

By: True
#6  by: Uh   

Not all sororities do fall rush. Only one or two, like ADPi and other sororities that need to make quota.

By: Uh
by: What?Feb 6, 2016 6:28:00 PM

It's true.

By: What?
by: yaFeb 7, 2016 8:14:28 AM

More will probably have to do fall rush since quota's gonna be low and sororities just raised total

By: ya
#7  by: .   

Shame that this was buried by a lot of nonsense posts.

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.