facebook

rushing again

by: ?

If I didn't get houses I liked this year do you think it's possible to do better rushing next year? Also do any sororities like AOPi or AXO have fall rush?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

You can rush next year, but honestly you'll probably get the exact same houses or maybe even less. (I had friends who tried again and got the same results) A lot of sororities are hesitant about taking sophomores. If you dramatically increase your gpa, maybe you'll have a better shot but no guarantees. And typically AOPI, AXO, etc. don't have fall rush only Sig Kap and ADPi do.

By: .
by: .Feb 3, 2016 10:08:25 PM

Aopi and axo both did fall rush last year lol

By: .
#2  by: but   

with gphib coming this year more girls are likely to drop out which means a slightly higher chance of snap bids or fall rush. last fall houses that don't normally do informal like aopi and axid did take some girls (but it was a SMALL number, like five or something). so it's possible that they might do it this year but it's not certain, so don't count on it. even if they do, they'll likely just be taking a handful of girls that are already friends with people in the house. if you really dislike all the houses you got don't join but don't put all your hopes on fall rush getting you into one instead

By: but
by: pnm Feb 3, 2016 8:58:48 PM

Will gphib be hard to get a bid from then?

By: pnm
by: butFeb 3, 2016 9:31:11 PM

honestly we really can't know bc we don't know what they're looking for. they won't be taking everyone that walks through the door but it'll definitely be easier than formal rush just because they'll be taking a lot more girls. if you have a good gpa, resume and are a good speaker (the first "round" of their recruitment will be an interview) you've got a good shot but it all depends on how many girls try out and how good of an impression you make

By: but

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.