facebook

Just a thought for PNMs

by: Grad

If you’re joining a chapter for the sisterhood and inclusivity, not all chapters are built the same on a NATIONAL level. Nationals is there in the work room during rush and they whisper very different things into the ears of exec based on what sorority it is. Some chapters are encouraged to drop PNMs based on looks, some chapters ban mentioning looks on pnm cards. Some chapters pre-drop for the second round based only on social media, some chapters are only allowed to drop based solely on conversation. Some chapters were founded with inclusive values, and some were not. There’s a lot of information you can get from the website of the nationals of the sororities as well, and if this is something that matters to you it’s something worth looking into. I graduated a while back and I ended up in a chapter with great values on the national level and it made a huge difference for me compared to my friends who joined other chapters. There were way less social media rules (what you can and can’t post) in my chapter than most, I wasn’t forced to endure conversations during rush week about whether girls were pretty enough to join our chapter, and there was no girls “hidden in the basement” during rush week or made to feel like they weren’t pretty or outgoing enough to rush PNMs. Girls weren’t pit against each other for who was allowed to rush the “good” PNMs and who had to rush the pre-drops also because there was no pre dropping. This is something people aren’t allowed to talk about really since internal stuff is all sworn to secrecy in all that but I have enough friends in other chapters that have spilled the beans and I know what’s going on. I just also see a lot of younger girls these days nervous about these kinds of things, and I wanted to share what I know. Honestly I hope it’s changed since I was in college, but if this info makes a difference for someone’s experience, then it’s worth sharing. Good luck queens! You’re all deserving of an amazing sisterhood!

Posted By: Grad
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hmmmm   

I never know what to think when I read these essays? Essays on whose hot or not???
Girls rushing...be yourself. If you like to dress up and that's your look - do that! Put on your best look but be yourself.
My mom was an aephi and I loved aephi during rush BUT I really connected to Tridelt. My best friend during rush felt more comfortable in AOPi and theta. At first we were going to join together but we realized we were drawn to different houses. I preffed Tridelt and Alpha Phi and she preffed Theta and AOpi and we are still close friends. I'm happy and she is happy. We hang out at the bars all the time and study together. During rush you'll make friends in your rush group. Be yourself meaning, dont get caught up acting a certain way to be in a house. It's honestly not as dramatic as this essay makes it. I think rush is based on click and connection and conversation. You'll know where you fit. If a house drops you, it wasnt your fit. Next. When my friend loved AOPi- I said pick that!! I loved AOPi. I wanted to share the AEPhi w my mom - that bond. My mom said you seem to love Tridelt. Pick that then! Dont pick a house where you dont feel comfortable or are dressing a part. You spend a lot of time in your sorority. A girl on my dorm floor - took her hours to get ready and me 30 minutes. She was to stressed.

By: Hmmmm
#2  by: ????   

What are you talking about? Hiding girls in the basement? 🤣
Can rush be superficial? Yes Can life be superficial? Yes

The reality is...some may view as superficial...fine. I'm in a "considered" top sorority and there are a lot of pretty girls in my house. True. But during rush if your pretty w not the right personality fit you won't get in. Same as if your maybe not traditional pretty or cute but who you are as a person which is confident, fun, smart, good conversationalist, cool you will get in. Rush is honestly a mix of looks but who you are. We had a pretty girl come through that no one in the house really connected to so she was dropped but another girl who had a great fun personality made it. A bully or mean girl in hs was dropped. She was hot but mean as a person unless she considered you her type - we dropped her.
No one is hid in the basement, its not based on just looks....

By: ????
by: AgreeJan 25, 2023 10:38:40 AM

Agree...no one during rush is hid in the basement. Its not just looks based. Definitely look your best but be yourself. As you go through the houses you'll know if you click. Dont act a certain way to get into a house and then feel uncomfortable. Tridelt and alpha phi do have a majority of very pretty hot girls who are confident in who they are. That may not fit you. If your a girl on social media who wears a bikini or provocative pictures - it's a houses reputation. Same if you sleep around. Girls do not want to be associated with that behavior. If that's you or your style - rush may not be for you or a top or middle house may not be for you because you will be reprimanded. Your representing 100 girls, and its reality. Otherwise snapped podcasts, newspaper articles with anger and hurt. I'm telling you up front - it's not behavior a top house wants. You can look cute on social media in clothes. If you want to sleep around w a lot of guys, a sorority life is not honestly for you. Girls and houses - it's an issue. Sleeping w a sisters bf or ex bf...girl issues.

By: Agree
by: 🤣Jan 25, 2023 4:38:52 PM

Girls rushing 🤣 no one is hidden in the basement during rush. Who writes this stuff!!! Your rushing a sorority - so yes, appearance, looks, personality and character are on the table. In my house - sometimes we fight over who we think is a fit. Sometimes a girl in a house falls in love w a girl or is good friends with a girl who does not fit the sorority. To be honest, girls who dont fit or click - never feel that comfortable in the house. It ends up being BAD for a house overall. Just cause your in a sorority - you can have friends outside the house. It's not a biggie. Agree about bikini pics on Instagram and girls who sleep around - its effects a whole house. If these rules bother who you are - dont rush!!! Everyone hangs out at the bars. But if you want to be in a sorority - every club has rules for the greater good versus an individual.

By: 🤣
#3  by: This is truth right here   

I 100% agree with this message. As a recent grad, I finally feel able to debrief on some of the things that I have personally experienced, seen, and heard from sisters in other chapters. When you go through a house, check in with yourself and try and gauge whether or not you feel like you just acted a performance or had a real, genuine conversation. What are the vaules behind the "vaules"?

By: This is truth right here

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.