facebook

rushing again

by: ???

I'm rushing for a second time as sophomore because last year I just couldn't afford to be in one (parents decided to bail on me at the minute and now I've saved up enough to make it work). That being said will ppl know I'm rushing again and judge me for not accepting a bid last year? Also if it comes up during rush how do i even explain it was a money issue when we aren't suppose to talk about money at rush. I don't want anyone thinking I dropped for shallow reasons or aren't serious about joining. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Posted By: ???
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Terp   

Definitely be honest! People will understand

By: Terp
#2  by: Honestly   

There are so many people that go through Recruitment I doubt people will remember that you went through last year. If it comes up just be honest. There is no shame in that.

By: Honestly
#3  by: ??   

So sororities can't tell if you're rushing for a second time?

By: ??
by: MVPJan 8, 2017 10:02:23 PM

Every Sorority will know if this is your second time rushing. They have data on every girl rushing and it is given out when GPAs are given to each chapter about each girl.

By: MVP
#4  by: Hello   

Ask your rho gham this kind of stuff when Recruitment starts. If you need to know now, email the panhellenic office.

By: Hello
#5  by: Just be honest   

You will be fine.

By: Just be honest
#6  by: .   

if it was me rushing, i wouldnt judge you at all for financial issues. it paints a more clear picture to why you had to drop too!

By: .
#7  by: :)   

if it comes up in conversation don't be scared to talk about it! it's not one of the three b's (boys, booze, bible) so you're totally fine! Avoiding certain topics is only to avoid offending anyone or discriminating, but you talking about your life is completely different

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.