facebook

Going thru sorority recruitment? Forget about tiers

by: the truth

The best sorority is the one that is best for you. People talk about tiers all the time, but what you have to realize is that each organization was founded upon a set of values. When you go through recruitment, make sure you get to know the girls for who they are more than their rank on here or how popular they are. When I went through recruitment, I wanted a certain sorority and was crushed that they dropped me the first day. I felt like I wasn’t even given a chance. Looking back, they did me a favor by dropping me because I ended up in a sorority that was truly right for me. I figured I definitely would have dropped if I ended up in the sorority I had my heart set on originally.

McGill isn’t a big enough school to have “tiers”. From my experience, if you want to view things as “tiers” I would say that they change semester to semester. During fall, a sorority might not end up with a good pledge class, and need to do recruitment in the spring. The next year, they might end up with the best pledge class on the Hill.

The point of being in a sorority is to make friends, have things to do, have access to neat opportunities, grow into the best version of yourself, and make your college years memorable. Popularity contests should be left in high school. If you’re judging a sorority by how pretty the girls are, you have some growing up to do. If you judge a sorority by what’s said on this website, you’re limiting yourself to incredibly biased information/opinions. If you’re aiming to join a certain sorority because frats like the girls in it, there’s no point in joining a sorority at all... just go to a frat party with some friends.

Don’t go through sorority recruitment just to see where you’ll end up and then drop. That leaves the sorority with spots that they could have used for people that legitimately wanted to be there.

Posted By: the truth
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.