facebook

rushing by yourself

by: question

If you want to rush but none of your friends want to because they think greek life is lame, only an American thing, etc. Is it okay to still rush by yourself? Or would that come off as weird?

Posted By: question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: alex   

if you want to do it, do it and they'll come to realize it's worth it. You'll regret it down the road if you didn't try because of what people might think

By: alex
#2  by: klar   

I rushed by myself and didn't find that it was weird to do so. It won't really be a point of conversation when you're talking with girls during the rounds, so there's nothing to worry about on that front. Additionally, if you go through formal recruitment, you'll be sorted randomly into groups, and chances are any friends that you come with won't even be in your group. You really should give it a try!! I've met some of the most wonderful people through greek life :)

By: klar
#3  by: greek   

I went to rush alone and it was the best decision I ever made! It's not weird at all, no one will even mention or ask if you came alone, and you're sorted into a rush group as soon as you arrive so you'll have people to talk to immediately. Also, not rushing with friends really let me choose the sorority that was the best fit for me, instead of listening to my friends and their preferences (which I something I saw a lot of people doing). Just go, you won't regret it.

By: greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.