facebook

whats the point

by: L

What is the point of greek life where lol this is literally a Canadian university, people could care less about sororities and fraternities
When someone in canada say theyre in a sorority the first response the get back is "why"
this is a genuine question, why bother being apart of this when u can party for free with the amazing social life in mcgill. i know people are gonna say its for "sisterhood" and philanthropy and thats just bs. dont give me that
I heard it doesn't boost ur popularity at all...
if ur in greek life, why?

Posted By: L
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: <3 "sisterhood" <3    

lol you seem pretty concerned about the greek scene at mcgill for someone who insists greek life is irrelevant. kinda ironic, just saying. to answer your question, the social aspect of greek life is only one benefit of joining a sorority/fraternity. it's also a chance to raise money for philanthropy, to become more involved on campus (being in a sorority/frat gives you lots of connections), and to get leadership experience through a position in the organization. the greek community is also very close-knit and welcoming, so it makes mcgill feel a lot less overwhelming. few people join greek life just for the social perks.

By: <3 "sisterhood" <3
#2  by: mcgillgreek   

I get where your coming from as someone who was initially skeptical, but its not about boosting popularity at all to me. When I came here I knew 0 people had no connections and was dealing with a lot of personal and family issues. I was overwhelmed by mcgill and how many people and clubs there were and really felt alone. When I joined a sorority I found a group of people that made campus seem smaller and like I was a part of it. I would have left if it wasn't for that community. if youre really concerned with 'boosting your popularity' maybe you belong back in high school.

By: mcgillgreek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.