facebook

just why

by: Zeus

Why do people join a local? 100 years plus years of tradition > 6 years of something. I just don't get it.

Posted By: Zeus
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Carrie   

I think it's mainly about being able to drink at mixers (for sororities)

By: Carrie
#2  by: nicky   

i think they care abot the social aspect the most, thats all i really see them do. I don't think they really care about leadership or networking or other benefits that come out of an international. To each their own i guess.

By: nicky
#3  by: Anon   

I joined a local sorority for the people, not cause it was local. I would've loved to join an international but I'm at uottawa and neither Alpha Phi or Tri Delt appealed to me. I love the organization I'm in and wouldn't change it :)

By: Anon
by: ^Apr 3, 2016 9:31:19 AM

Do you not get jealous when Aphi and Phi Sigs go on trips to the states and visit the massive mansions they have? Or the national recognition they get all over the world? Or the fact that anywhere outside of Ottawa considers you not in a real sorority... ? Does that bug you it would bug me

By: ^
by: @anonApr 3, 2016 10:44:23 AM

Obviously didn't get a bid to tridelt or Aphi! There's a reason all internationals are bringing in 30 girls and locals have PCs of like six lol. You're drowning, especially xi delt and nu sig.

By: @anon
by: ^Apr 4, 2016 12:29:47 AM

I didn't really rush APhi and Tri Delta. I think I went to maybe one of each event, but I found that they weren't what I was looking for. So no, I didn't get a bid. Do I get jealous? Maybe a bit, I would love to be in an international but again, there were no international organizations at uOttawa that appealed to me. But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the girls to death and everything that our organization has to offer.

by: ^Apr 4, 2016 2:39:34 PM

Either a ZOE hipster or a OPS wican.

by: ^Apr 5, 2016 3:36:51 PM

After the big battle Royale between TD and Aphi on GR I can see why someone would pick another option.
And what was with the recent backhanded comment towards the Phi Sigs on uottawa GR anyway?

by: ^Apr 5, 2016 9:51:38 PM

What backhanded comment?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.