facebook

dropping and rerushing different sorority

by: Lolaaa

So I joined a sorority and realized after the quarter was over that I just didn't click with the other girls. I still want to be in a sorority but just with different girls. Would it be a bad idea to re rush and join a different one after already being in one for a quarter?

Posted By: Lolaaa
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nah   

Go ahead and do it, what could possibly go wrong?? lol

By: Nah
#2  by: greek   

apparently when u rerush it looks bad so just be warned it might be harder to get a spot into one you want

By: greek
#3  by: bruin   

panhel is pretty understanding about it though. They don't make you go back into the house that you had previously joined during any of the rounds

By: bruin
by: RusheeJan 11, 2016 10:59:41 PM

But everyone knows and unless a house wants you expect some stares and questions.

By: Rushee
#4  by: Lolaaa   

Thank you all for your feedback! I am relieved to know I can join a sorority that is a better fit for me even though I was initiated, as it was my understanding many schools' Panhellenic disallow it. Hopefully it won't be too awkward seeing some of the same faces again during recruitment next time!

By: Lolaaa
by: omg Jan 18, 2016 8:04:18 PM

you literally cannot rerush if u have been initiated at ucla
it might be a different story if u transfer schools but why would u transfer schools for a sorority?

By: omg
#5  by: Yo   

Once you've been Initiated into your chapter you cannot re rush.

By: Yo
by: RushJan 14, 2016 11:05:51 AM

Yes you can. What's to stop a NM from quitting and informal rushing the next quarter??

By: Rush
#6  by: ??   

You can ONLY be a member of one Greek organization (fraternity or sorority)
Once initiated you cannot join another unless you have followed the
dismissal procedure of the National you belong to. This takes time and is
not always approved by a National. If you lie and try to join another---
you will be dropped by the new organization when they find out.

By: ??
by: Re:Jan 14, 2016 7:57:50 PM

But how will the new sorority's National ever find out? It's not like they keep track and do background searches on each and every one of the thousands of girls who are initiated each year. The OP should just say she wasn't initiated into her old sorority. It would be their word against hers and no one would really care anyway.

By: Re:
by: I actually knowJan 18, 2016 4:51:52 PM

So I was initiated into tridelt at my school because it was the only international on campus (locals ruled the school because it's much easier to party without the rules.) After realizing these girls were just too big of losers to continue on with, the majority of the "popular" girls from tridelt and all of the popular new members we were close with left the sorority and started a new one with intents to bring a 2nd international to campus (one that wasn't full of losers...) Anyways so that sorority is now Alpha Phi and everything we wished for. However, all of the initiated sisters (me☹) were not allowed to initiate into Alpha Phi. All of the new members who did NOT go through initiation were able to become full members of Alpha Phi. It's completely against the rules to initiate into two orgs. If you transferred schools (I did and considered it) and hid your social media really well you might be able to do it without getting caught but all it would take is one pissed off ex sister to spread the word (and believe me those girls couldn't be more pissed with us!) If you initiated at UCLA and are looking to rush again at UCLA I don't see how that would be possible unfortunately. Feel your pain though.

By: I actually know
#7  by: oh    

oh if you were already initiated then you can't re-rush. I'm sure UCLA has records of the bid lists and the initiated members so they won't let you go through the system again.

By: oh
by: nahJan 15, 2016 2:30:44 AM

just informal rush and give them your transcripts and stuff yourself

By: nah
#8  by: Don't do it.   

People do and get caught. How do they know? You're at the same school. Records will show, you're sisters would know, other Greeks would know. Don't be a retard.

By: Don't do it.
by: HeyJan 15, 2016 8:20:23 PM

Calling someone "retard" is hurtful. Please consider the feelings of those less fortunate than you, namely people with mental health challenges, and do a better job choosing your words.

By: Hey
#9  by: Agree   

Pathetic to use that word to describe anything or one.

By: Agree
#10  by: Why   

We're Greeks, we're better than everyone else and should be allowed to address people how we see fit. There's a reason why we have high standards and don't let retards in. Quit defending retards.

By: Why

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.