facebook

rushing as a junior

by: Transfer

How much harder is it to get a bid rushing as a junior? Are there some houses that don't give bids to any juniors? Just looking to avoid wasting my time.

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek   

Hey!
Most if not all houses accept Juniors. Once you're a senior you're basically screwed as no house will likely extend your bid except bottom houses.
Right now I know PiKapp, Delta Sig, TDX and Sami are holding spring rush. If you still want to do it I would say rush. It's your last opportunity
PiKapp is chill but throws more kick backs. Guys are either super chill or not chill at all
Delta Sig are a very nice group of guys but don't have a house so you won't have a place to hang out or party. They have a lot of Volleyball guys so they usually have apartment parties.
TDX has a huge house and parties every Saturday all athletes go to party but they're a small group of guys mostly all seniors and parties get too crazy.
Sami they are just weird, not really worth your time going and parties aren't ever great as girls never go to their house.
Phi Delt don't go they are bottom house and literally will want to keep you there because they need bodies they don't party and their house is shared with tenants

By: Greek
#2  by: .   

there are a handful of junior transfers in each pledge class in most houses. of your spring rush options, pikapp is your best bet if you want a half decent social calendar. in my pledge class there were a couple senior transfer students but they never got initiated. it's risky rushing as a senior so see if you like any of the options spring rush has to offer and if you can see yourself being in that house for the rest of your time here and think you'll enjoy it then you should accept your bid in the spring.

By: .
#3  by: Age?   

How much is age a factor 22 yr old junior?

By: Age?
#4  by: Greek   

Age isn't really a big factor. Usually they like when a rushee is already 21 but you also dont want to be pushing 24 and barely trying to rush as most of the house (Even seniors) will be younger than you. Most Juniors/Seniors are 21-22 so you are perfect age.
I would also agree PiKapp or if you don't get a bid there, then try TDX, they have a house and throw parties. The others don't really compare to them. Go with the one you fit the most with.

By: Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.