facebook

things to remember when rushing

by: Truefrat

This is something that I want to say to those who are thinking about rushing and come to this site for any advice/information:
One thing to keep in mind when rushing is to be yourself and not someone others want you to be. You will be talking to a lot of "bros" and trust me they will know if you try too hard to fit in. Also don't wear the outfit that screams fratboy, but instead come in something that you feel comfortable in. They will ask you weird questions that have no definite answers, but try to be creative and answer the best you can. Just try to be funny and creative. BE YOURSELF!
Looks are not all there is to being in a fraternity. Just because you are not "good looking" enough does not mean that you will not get a bid from the houses that you are trying to rush. This is UCLA! Not some fraternities down in the south. Also just because you are "good looking" will not guarantee you a bid to a house.
Lastly, check out as many houses you can. This was something that I wish I should have done when I first rushed. Don't just go to the house because it is considered "top" and try to get a bid from there. You are wasting your time if you just stay at one or two house the whole entire time you are rushing because:

One you might not get a bid.
Two that specific fraternity might not be for you.

Posted By: Truefrat
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truefrat   

CONT:

When I first rushed, I only checked out three houses that were considered "top" and luckily got two bids from two of the houses. (I won't name them, but you might just guess). I based my decision from what was being said on this site and accepted my bid. However after going to rush process, long story short, I just didn't get along with the brothers in the fraternity. Also the guys who I was rushing with thought they were "THE best" and looked down upon other fraternities. Seriously? So then half way through I decided to drop.

Fast forward, I rushed again and this time I checked out different houses and didn't listen to what was being said by others. You will be surprised, some of these "mid" or "low" tier houses have one of the best guys on campus! I got along with others instantly and I based my decision on what I experienced. So now where am I? I am at one of the best fraternity on campus with the best brotherhood. Rush will be hard and being in a fraternity will be one of the greatest experience you will have while you are here at UCLA.

Be yourself and don't listen to others. Rush to many different houses and accept a bid to a place where you truly belong! Trust me, any house can be "top" and that all starts with you. You shape the future of the fraternity and determine your experience at the house. Good luck to you all and have fun being a pledge! (just kidding)

By: Truefrat
#2  by: Bro   

I 100% agree with you. I know few people who dropped, but never rushed again. Anyways never rush a house just because its a top house boys

By: Bro
#3  by: What   

Real talk bro

By: What
#4  by: Truefrat   

LXA is a great fraternity, but I would have to disagree with someone having to be rich or hot to get a bid from there. Trust me when I say this because I know a lot of guys who are 1. Not the hottest guys on campus and 2. Not the richest who get bids from lambda.

#5  by: rusheeeeee   

So im guessing you got a bid from the Sigmas, Lambda, and ZBT? What were your thoughts on those houses?

By: rusheeeeee
by: TruefratMar 25, 2017 6:19:45 PM

If you are looking into SAE, Sig Ep, Sig Chi, Sig Pi, or Sig Nu it's a hit or miss. Just go with the ones you get along with the most. If you're looking to just party Sig Chi, Sig Pi, and Sig Ep are your choices.

Lambda: They are definitely on the rise, but I would seriously have to say they are overhyped. They do get pretty good number of pledges just because of their name, but if you were to actually check out the house it will seriously be different than what you have expected. Like I stated above it's UCLA.

ZBT: They have good mix of guys. Some are chill, but some are just a little bit off (?) But in all honesty I would say ZBT is a little better than Lambda. THIS IS MY OPINION.

I won't tell you which fraternity I dropped from and where I am now.

by: Spring rushMar 25, 2017 7:33:16 PM

I've got a lot of friends in Beta and Phi Psi and Lambda. What do you think of those houses?

By: Spring rush
#6  by: Curious   

Wondering the same as above^^^

By: Curious
#7  by: ww   

answer please

By: ww

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.