facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by: Sophomore

Is rushing as a sophomore easier or harder than freshman? Will you be compared to all the freshman or just other upperclassmen? I'm hoping to join a house but if it's super hard to rush as a sophomore then maybe I won't

Posted By: Sophomore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Recruitment chair   

It's probably easier as a sophomore to be honest. You have an extra year of life experience, you know more about who you are, and hopefully you have an idea of the houses that you want to rush at. I highly recommend having a great answer for why you didn't join a house as a freshman, because you'll get asked that question a lot. Feel free to shoot me an email at fraternalrecruiter@gmail.com if you have more questions

By: Recruitment chair
#2  by: active   

i agree that you do know yourself better which is helpful when going through recruitment, but in terms of numbers, it is not in your favor. houses generally dont like taking sophomores/juniors/seniors because the girl will be in the house for less years, have less of an influence on the chapter, and ultimately pay less to the chapter. there are very few spots for older girls. if two girls are similar in gpa, personality, and looks, but one is a freshman and one is a sophomore, they will always choose the freshman.

By: active
by: HeySep 6, 2016 6:09:36 PM

I'd have to disagree because every sorority is supposed to meet a quota of transfers (juniors & seniors) along with freshman. That means they're supposed to save spots for both but freshmen do take up the majority of the seats (obviously). So as a sophomore you will be put in an odd category but you'll still be in a house longer than a transfer etc which is good,

By: Hey
#3  by: sophomore   

Do you mean that sophomores will be put in the category with the juniors/ seniors (upperclassmen) or separate completely?

By: sophomore

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.