facebook

tke

by: curious

Hello I am a freshmen and i am really curious but why isn't TKE recognized by the university i see people wearing those letters on campus all the time and i ask the dean of students where I can find more info on the fraternity TKE and said that i shouldn't get involved with that fraternity that isn't recognized by IFC here at CSUF but the ones that are recognized by the campus. I would like to know more info on what happen to the fraternity TKE Mu-Xi chapter. thank you for reading hope i get my answer :)

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truth   

TKE got kicked off campus years ago for hazing. They are not recognize by the school anymore but they are still recognize nationally. Meaning? They are still members of the TKE fraternity on a national level but they cannot participate in the school Greek community (IFC). This school is very strict when it comes to hazing. Any signs of anything close to the school's definition of "hazing" will be dealt with. The Greek community isn't the same anymore like in the past years. The fraternity row is becoming less like the row more and more every passing semester. There are now only two houses on the row. Shouldn't even be called the row anymore. Hope this helps.

By: truth
#2  by: more   

To be exact that was in '98. You can do the math. The issue that was the biggest reason for stripping campus recognition is still not verifiable but restricted only to administrators or upper executive positions in IFC. The fact that a national fraternity decided to allow the chapter to continue to operate after a full evaluation says a lot. Example Sig Ep, if their nationals evaluation came back differently then they might have kept recognition but that wasn't the case. Nonetheless for Teke, the chapter is growing which is the last thing the Dean of Students wants but we are in college so in the end individuals have the decision to join whatever they want. Teke has an amazing relationship with their nationals which is always a plus for any fraternity but an alumni base that extends all the way back to '65. Consider Teke as a fraternity that was how all fraternities once were; self supporting, self governed, tight knit, extremely secret, and innovative because there is no big brother to tell them what they can or cannot due when it comes to planning events like philanthropy, fundraising, formals, socials, and brotherhoods.

By: more
#3  by: TKE   

is a joke, they cant participate in anything through the school and they are a bunch of weird creeps. it would be a waste to rush something that doesnt exist.

By: TKE
#4  by: ^   

TKE... what a waste of time. You can't do anything if you join TKE! I rather join Sigep who isn't even around anymore on the school and national level.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.